Finishing up the external GPU enclosure

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited December 2011 in Science & Tech

Comments

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Holy crap it works! I've got an 8600M GT in my laptop, too. Wish it had a GTX 560 buddy. Looking forward to benchmarks!
  • edited December 2011
    :D heh heh heh looks nice and pretty from far away... spouse the only matters is it works. nice work once again. i feel like this is one case where that old saying "but can it run crysis?" is a real question. i know theres a whole bunch of problems with running a game on it with the bandwidth but i find the idea highly amusing
  • allenpanallenpan ThunderBay, Ontario, CAnada Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    bandwidth limitation only occur with "huge" texture file, aka, stupid Rage with "ultra setting" but if it use high compressiong texture is ok... lik S3C
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    I was surprised to find out that bandwidth reduction due to less PCI Express lanes is apparently not a huge deal.
    edited December 2011
    as i mention before as long as there is texture compression or "not huge" texture file it will be ok, so far seems to me with shader you dont need high res texture to make it "life like"
  • edited December 2011
    yea good old Rage, i feel like thay patched that at some point(haven't played it, watch it on youtube). my brain sees S3C and goes "star craft 2 misspelled?" what do you mean by S3C? i may know what you mean but my brain just isn't registering.
    edited December 2011
    sorry S3TC, (S3 Texture Compression)