Record your console antics with Hauppauge HD PVR Gaming Edition

Comments

• BandrikRyan Wilsey Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited March 2012
    Man... if only I had this while playing the more eye-candy games. I'd be going on virtual photo shoots in games like Metal Gear Solid IV and Final Fantasy XIII. When playing games on the PC, I take FREQUENT screenshots to chronicle my adventures. It's a lot faster to and arguably more fun for me to reminiscent my delightful experiences by spending a few minutes zipping through a screenshot album rather than re-playing an entire game over again (especially true with RPGs).

I get a real sense of accomplishment when looking back at all I've done in a game. I've saved planets and rescued princesses, and I have photographic evidence to prove it. I really should get something like this device...

Plus, as mentioned by Brian, it would have been great to have when I was reviewing games to have my own screenshots rather than relying on the generic ones issued to the press.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    So, sounds like it's essentially a decent video capture device with some disappointingly around-par software, but that's pre-packaged to plug into your consoles...meaning you don't have to buy another cable. Cool idea, and probably worth the pricetag (though I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see these dropped 50% in the not-too-distant future considering the limited market for videogame capture, and that people looking for non-videogame capture are quite likely to overlook it), but as the only thing I can think of that I'd want to record is myself playing Groov (if you haven't tried that, it's a 360 indie game, and it's in my top-three two-stick shooters of all time (if Everyday Shooter was analog instead of 8-direction and didn't give me controller freezes with the PC version it might have been bumped to number four)) and that's not really reasonable. It would give me a reason to try to break 45k again, though...