Windows 8 edition names announced

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited April 2012 in Science & Tech

Comments

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    Seriously? They FINALLY figured out that people don't want a half dozen different Windows versions? It's about freaking time.

Also, LOL Windows RT. First thing I thought was "wait, Windows Request Tracker? Huh?"
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    I'm going to pronounce it "Windows RAT". Especially since it'll be for rat-sized mobile devices.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Those are very, very large rats.
  • LincLincoln Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Windows Retweeted. It's the 10's version of "Reloaded".
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Smart of Microsoft to separate the ARM and x86 builds of Windows in name, so the differences do not cross-pollinate search results via reviews and other media.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    Agreed to all the above, but for some enterprise folks there will also be a Windows 8 Enterprise version (that info courtesy of Information Week, quoting LeBlanc of Microsoft).
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    Agreed to all the above, but for some enterprise folks there will also be a Windows 8 Enterprise version (that info courtesy of Information Week, quoting LeBlanc of Microsoft).
    I am curious as to what the difference will be, save just being a VLK vs single license name change, since most of the "special features" that differentiated the versions before are available in the Pro version of 8
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    Windows RT is a stupid name.
    Those are very, very large rats.
    Rodents of unusual size?

• TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    Windows RT is named after Dodge's R/T designation for high performance car models.

I haven't gone out of my way to read all the details on Windows 8, But aside from the touch screen stuff, what can it do that 7 can't? Not much, I suspect.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    Windows Road/Track

love it!

:screwy: