Valve goes social network with Steam Community Beta

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited August 2012 in Gaming

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    I don't have tremendous hope for this based on Steam's general lack of usability, but I am cautiously optimistic to see what they've done.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I like the new usability features, especially the nicknames thing, but, visually, everything is pretty cluttered right now. It's difficult to parse what's going on in the feed with just a glance. I'm sure it'll be refined, but right now it takes too much effort to read.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    Since @Canti has pointed us in the direction of custom skins, maybe they'll give us what we want/need
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited August 2012
    As a community manager, it does me little good to skin my own layout when it doesn't do anything for my members. Are the skins something that apply to all members or only you?
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    Just suggesting that it might help make it easier for you (and perhaps others), not a panacea
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2012
    My body filled with joy when I saw my name in the screenshot :). Anyways I think this community beta will be pretty cool, the group pages do not have enough features as I would like them to have, I'll be looking forward to the community hubs.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    edited May 2014
    I don't like it. Of course, I'm a bit biased; I don't care for social media stuff in general. I think my absolute biggest beef here, though, is I STILL CAN'T CHANGE THE FONT SIZE IN MY CHAT WINDOW. There's a lot of extremely basic shit that I had excused because it was just a game distribution system with some nice extra features, some of which I used. If Valve is trying to play up this aspect of it, though, then the excuse goes away and all those very basic problems need to be addressed.