Driving People - Extra PC Items???

Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
edited June 2007 in Community
Anyone driving to the LAN it looks like we might need a few monitors for other players... anyone willing to bring an extra if they have an extra?

Comments

• the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Anyone driving to the LAN it looks like we might need a few monitors for other players... anyone willing to bring an extra if they have an extra?

I can get you maybe a half-dozen 17" CRT's...?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    But can you fit them in Q's car? o.O
    edited June 2007
    But can you fit them in Q's car? o.O

well, how many do we need?
    edited June 2007
    or for that matter, what else can we use? If I have to, I could drive the wife's xTerra, but if the monitors are the reason for that, I think it'd be fair to ask for $5 for a rental monitor for the whole weekend...?
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    I'm bringing my Mazda MPV Mini Van. We can get a good amount of stuff if we take out the seats and use the roof. I looked at renting a full sized 15 passenger van but I missed out on the deadline to get it for almost nothing... it's over $600 for 5 days we'd need it for not including gas.

I'm up for still renting it is people want to chip in so we can bring a ton of stuff and still have room to transport people to boot. :D
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    I think we only need like 3 extra monitors if that...
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    I am bringing 2 rigs, but only 1 monitor :(

So I have a rig that will need a monitor for Drasnor or Magic.

Edit: oo oo....had an idea...might not need one and now might have an extra...I will keep you posted.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    I know Cyclonite was looking for a monitor...
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    I'm looking for a whole PC ;[
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    If someone can supply a decent AGP video card, SM18 is available for gaming. It's still not a bad machine, it'll definitely play the games we'll be playing at the LAN. It's got a craptastic vid card in it, tho :(
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    It would appear my rig is opening up if anyone wants to use it. 3200+, X800, 1GB RAM w/ 18.1" LCD.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Keebler wrote:
    It would appear my rig is opening up if anyone wants to use it. 3200+, X800, 1GB RAM w/ 18.1" LCD.

DIBS!

I'll bring the bible music :rarr:
    edited June 2007
    Black Hawk wrote:
    DIBS!

I'll bring the bible music :rarr:
    Keeb's... you're gonna need some serious disinfectant and Chlorox wipes... I'm justing saying... :p
    edited June 2007
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Keeb's... you're gonna need some serious disinfectant and Chlorox wipes... I'm justing saying... :p

No Brazillian...bible music for you :ninja:
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    RyderOCZ wrote:

Edit: oo oo....had an idea...might not need one and now might have an extra...I will keep you posted.
    im bringing my own lcd keyboard and mouse.
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    If someone can supply a decent AGP video card, SM18 is available for gaming. It's still not a bad machine, it'll definitely play the games we'll be playing at the LAN. It's got a craptastic vid card in it, tho :(

yeah I got one, I have to look at the specks but it's a APG MSI video card
    edited June 2007
    RyderOCZ wrote:

I have Monitors for both machines and 1 extra now :D

Damn....I am going to have to unload to go to the airport :eek::bigggrin:
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Can we get a definitive list of who needs monitors and how many spares are available? It would suck to spend time begging, borrowing, and driving to Best Buy once the LAN has already started.
    edited June 2007
    Gargoyle wrote:
    Can we get a definitive list of who needs monitors and how many spares are available? It would suck to spend time begging, borrowing, and driving to Best Buy once the LAN has already started.

/me is still worried that he won't have a monitor.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    My work has a whole building full of 15 in. LCD monitors that they wont be using over the weekend. I'll ask my boss if I can borrow one or three.

Probably not, but it wont hurt to ask.
    edited June 2007
    Gargoyle wrote:
    * Gargoyle is still worried that he won't have a monitor.
    You will definitely have a monitor. Magic is bringing his and I already had a Monitor for the PC he was going to use. So now I have 2 extra.
    edited June 2007
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    You will definitely have a monitor. Magic is bringing his and I already had a Monitor for the PC he was going to use. So now I have 2 extra.
    Muchas gracias! :respect:
    edited June 2007
    RyderOCZ wrote:

I'm not planning on bringing any extra then! (Q will still have his...I think...) Just want to make sure, let me know by 5 tonight so Q and I can pick them up if we have to.
    edited June 2007
    I'll have one monitor for each of my three rigs. None extra. If we can fit one or two of Dan's monitors we may bring them.
    edited June 2007
    QCH2002 wrote:
    I'll have one monitor for each of my three rigs. None extra. If we can fit one or two of Dan's monitors we may bring them.

If we need them? Do we?
    edited June 2007
    Game Server's... spare for people that need them. Never hurts. :D