dvd how do i burn?

rocket9244rocket9244 nebraska,usa
edited March 2006 in Science & Tech
i used dvd shrink..got the files in my hd...now can anyone please tell me how i can burn just the movie files..not the extras/previews/subtitles...just the actual movie..video..i have nero 7., any dvd,,copy to dvd se,,nti burning software,,vso dvix to dvd,,alcohol,,,1click dvd,,.and a few others..can i use any of these or do i gotta use something else?.one prob i have is the dvd file is over 4 gig...dual layer i guess...my dvd empty is 4.7 gig...how i compress just the movie to burn>>,,thanx all..im still learning this stuff...my email is [email]rocket9244@yahoo.com..you[/email] can messenger me also if you want..on yahoo,,rocket9244

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited February 2006
    The idea is to use DVD shrink to compress the movie file onto one disk. You can also use dvd shrink to go through and remove the non-movie files. Just tell DVD shrink that you want to make the entire file fit on a regular dvd and it will compress it as needed. You won't even notice the compression on playback.
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited February 2006
    you might need to reauthor Main Movie, Title 1, before backing up with DVD Shrink.. then just drag and drop the backed up files into the Video TS folder in Nero and burn.

LIN
  • rocket9244rocket9244 nebraska,usa
    edited February 2006
    ok..im now havin prob ..dvd shrink is givin me errors about 1/3 into the movie..ill post the error asap..thanx guys your help..is apreciated..im doing the fog..i did madagascar..movie files only ..no prob.oh and im doing these as back ups only. for my own collection.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited February 2006
    When using DVD shrink always tell it to save the file as a project for NERO. Don't try and send it directly to your DVD it'll fail 9 times out of 10.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited February 2006
    Dont tell it to burn with Nero, ever! Just use DVD shrink to rip or shrink the size of the DVD. Nothing else!
  • ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited February 2006
    mmonnin wrote:
    Dont tell it to burn with Nero, ever! Just use DVD shrink to rip or shrink the size of the DVD. Nothing else!

You are 100% correct mmonnin. Shrink will do it all for you. rocket9244 shrink comes with a help file I think. If not, do a google search. There are many pages out there on shrink that will give you a complete walkthrough on how to use it.
    Here is one.
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited February 2006
    mmonnin wrote:
    visual: -

LIN
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited March 2006
    Yes like that ^.

I only use DVD shrink for rippping a DVD down to size. Other programs are better at everything else.