This site

NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
edited August 2004 in Community
I cannot stress enough how incredible this site is. The amount of work, help, frustration, and fun that goes on around here is incredible. The regulars and moderators here that consistantly help others and guide them through their problems are the most generous and helpful people I've run into.

I'm not trying to kiss any butt in this post :) just figured this was the only way I could thank you all at once. I've had numerous questions already, most have been answered and if not, directions were pointed to follow up on. The knowledge base in this community is incredible, allowing the regular user to pick up on and learn about so much in a little amount of time, and then start fights with his friends over how nVidia is terrible and ATi rules, or how you can save hundreds by overclocking and then rubbing it in friend's faces that have bought the $2500 POS that you can still outperform. ....not that I do that or anything.

But back to the matter at hand, I would like to thank all the people around here that make owning a computer...or at least windows operating systems, that much less stressful and painful. Everything from the amazing 4 or 5 guys in the secruity forums for the endless HiJack This threads, to the quick response time in the Emergency Help forums, to the knowledge in the overclocking forums, to the "humor" :) in the pub. Thrax does amazing work when I consistantly bother him on AiM, Geeky always makes sure to show me his latest post that gets him into trouble with shorty, prime, or mediaman, and the countless others who actually give a damn about other people's computer problems, no matter how menial, noobish, or advanced that question might be. All and all I don't think you can design a better site from the start to end up being what short-media is today. And after all that NONE of you expect anything in return, aside from another folding box, which is a whole new thank you in itself for the dedication you put into a worthy cause. So once again, I'm sure I'm not alone when I say
:respect:THANK YOU! :thumbsup:

Comments

• TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    I second this, S-M's regulars, mods and admin's work their tails off so other people may be better off. This is shown by the way this site and forum have grown over the last year.

Great job to all with whom take the time to help. :thumbsup:
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited June 2004
    but this site also wouldn't be what it is without new members like you to help our community grow. its been great to watch this site mature
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    Here here on all counts! :cheers:

After sticking around a little longer you will see it just flows from this place. I have been proudly associating myself with these fine folks for almost 4 years now and have seen some outstanding examples of what you speak of. So I hope you are comfortable, have your feet kicked up on top of the sub under your desk (no, not that wench we sent you ;)) and stay a while like I did. :D

Oh yea, welcome!!!!
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited June 2004
    NiGHTS wrote:
    or how you can save hundreds by overclocking and then rubbing it in friend's faces that have bought the $2500 POS that you can still outperform. ....not that I do that or anything.

;D;D;D
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2004
    Yep, the best online community around. Always good to have new members who like to learn, and others who love to spread their knowledge about computers, general life, etc.. Great place.
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited June 2004
    NiGHTS wrote:
    And after all that NONE of you expect anything in return, aside from another folding box, which is a whole new thank you in itself for the dedication you put into a worthy cause.

/me looks for folding badge or signature in Night's post.....doesn't see one....

:nudge::fold::fold::fold::nudge:

:)

Dexter...
  • MJOMJO Denmark New
    edited August 2004
    NiGHTS wrote:
    then start fights with his friends over how nVidia is terrible and ATi rules, or how you can save hundreds by overclocking and then rubbing it in friend's faces that have bought the $2500 POS that you can still outperform. ....not that I do that or anything.

Well spoken.
    I have actually tried that once or twice, the look on his face is priceless. ;D

Note: My friend actually thought, he could kick serious ass with his puny FX5200. ;D
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited August 2004
    NiGHTS wrote:
    I how nVidia is terrible and ATi rules,

haha YES!!@!#ihsjbnsajfdboiasudf23
  • WeedoWeedo New
    edited August 2004
    Amen to this thread. I've certainly benefitted.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    I joined this forum in August of 2002, came back for good around christmas of the same year.

This is the only community that I've <i>wanted</i> to stay a part of for so long. The members are spectacular, the mods aren't power-grabbing lunatics.. They're just friendly. I rarely come here to get help, but when I do, I know there's someone who can answer my pleas or think of the things I didn't. And when I come here otherwise, I know that there are people who can use what I know, and I feel honoured to help them get their computer in tip top shape.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited August 2004
    TheBaron wrote:
    its been great to watch this site mature

Well, grow larger certainly.
    It's nice to see the pub get a mention too, it's the heart of the community is the pub, well known fact that.
    The help I've recieved here is beyond price because it's freely given and the folks here are special people because of that.
    Welcome NIGHTS, stick around and enjoy. :thumbsup:
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited August 2004
    bothered wrote:

The help I've recieved here is beyond price because it's freely given and the folks here are special people because of that.
    Welcome NIGHTS, stick around and enjoy. :thumbsup:

We couldn't say it any better than what Bothered, Thrax and all the others have said. :thumbsup:

I have been to a lot of forums for a variety of reasons and even though there are some top quality forums out there, Short-Media stands out as a cut above the rest.

Like Bothered said:"The help I've recieved here is beyond price", and "the folks here are special people because of that" sums it all up.

It's unbelievable that there are so many with such a great sense of humour too, not just knowledge. :)

And then there is the Folding team. w00t. Very dedicated and helpful too.
    Glad we joined Team #93. :thumbsup:

Jon & Sally(The Handbrake)
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Ya cheers fellas, weve come a long way since Icrontic.
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited August 2004
    Modern gaming computer: 20.000 SEK
    Modem and internet: 369 SEK/Month
    Bill for electricity: ? Payed for by mom.
    Discovering and joining Short-media.com: PRICELESS :D

I just had to. :) I dare not even think about how my rig would have looked like if i hadn't joined s-m but i do know that my graphics card wouldn't be radiating if i had. ;D