Multiple "F6" floppies during windows xp install?

yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
edited June 2005 in Hardware
I need to install a raid driver, but I also need an ide expansion card driver installed. It appears I have to install the ide expansion during windows xp install. The raid must be installed for windows xp to be put on. Can I do this? Windows won't let me switch out floppies at the beginning of the installation. It doesn't update what drivers it sees. I tried copying all the files I needed to one floppy but couldn't copy "txtinstall.oem" from the expansion card and I think that is stopping me from seeing the drivers from the expansion card.

I gotta get this fixed fast. Windows is already installed as well, so I could go into windows if necessary, and preferably since it would be quicker. The raid drivers are for the onboard Asus motherboard raid and the expansion card is a 4 IDE Maxtor.

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    2 things:

Usually, you only need to tell the windows install about the drive you're going to install on (the RAID, I assume).

I thought the setup prompted you to find out if there were any more drivers you wanted to install after you selected the first.
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited June 2005
    shwaip wrote:
    2 things:

Usually, you only need to tell the windows install about the drive you're going to install on (the RAID, I assume).

I thought the setup prompted you to find out if there were any more drivers you wanted to install after you selected the first.

For your first part, that is what I thought, so I first installed windows without the expansion card, but I can't see the drives in windows at all.

For your second part, it does prompt me, but no matter what floppy is in there it still shows the same list of the 4 choices I just had from the original floppy. I think it checks/senses the floppy before you press F6 even, because I know if the floppy isn't in there before you press f6 it won't work at all.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    You say you can't see the drives in windows at all - does the controller show up with a yellow /!\ in the device manager? Does the controller show up at all?
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited June 2005
    I have installed multiple drivers all the time by just continuing when your prompted.

You only REALLY need the boot drivers.

I would verify you have good floippys.

Tex
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited June 2005
    D00D wrote:
    because I know if the floppy isn't in there before you press f6 it won't work at all.
    uh, yes it does
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited June 2005
    yep. It stops and asks you insert the floppy and it can be empty right up to that moment.

Done this hundreds of times.

Tex
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited June 2005
    well, for me it needs atleast some floppy to read off of or sense at the beginning otherwise it eventually says it can't read hard drive or something, ...anyway...

SOLVED.