msvcrt.dll errors

edited August 2005 in Science & Tech
what is msvcrt.dll and how can i replace it? everything was fine until i downloaded the newer version of firefox now im getting errors in it at different times

its usually something like firefox caused and invald page fault in msvcr.dll with a bunch of numbers after it and needs to close

os 98 se

if anyone can help please do
thanks

Comments

• TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited August 2005
    isn't msvcrt a set of c libraries that visual studio 6 uses? I know you have to turn it off if you plan on using libc...
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Also:

This can be a 98, 98 SE, or Me problem when the version of msvcrt.dll on computer needs to be updated.
    The Microsoft Libraries Update resolves an issue that can cause some third-party software to behave unexpectedly after the installation of Microsoft Works Suite 99, Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia 99 (US only), Microsoft Encarta Virtual Globe 99, Microsoft Graphics Studio Greetings 99, or other third-party software. Impacted programs include America Online (AOL) version 4.0 and HyperTerminal.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q221946/

Firefox works on my Mother's 98 box with the update present.
  • edited August 2005
    thanks very much its installed so will waite and see if i have any more crashes hopefully it over :thumbsup:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2005
    TheBaron wrote:
    isn't msvcrt a set of c libraries that visual studio 6 uses? I know you have to turn it off if you plan on using libc...
    You are correct. :)

msvcrt = MS Visual C RunTime

If the other fix didn't work you can download the file here.
  • edited August 2005
    just wanted to let you know what i had to finally had to do to solve this just in case it happens to anyone else i was using firefox for a browser and the profile had been corrupted and all i had to do was create a new profile and move my bookmarks to it
    installing the dll actually did nothing to stop it

thank for all the help trying to help me trouble shoot this problem nnice to know there are helpful people like you all around the net :thumbsup: