smartsound quicktracks plugin.. HELP!!URGENT!!

edited January 2009 in Science & Tech
Multiple programs on my computer when opened, have the smartsound quicktrack plugin installer bootup.. saying i need a disk and to insert it. why does it do this!! (evil lyrics, canto ipod... some programs that do it.) can someone help me delete everything of smartsound quicktracks and tell me why i would need it !! thank you!!!!!!

Comments

• TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited December 2005
    Just a guess but go into Add/Remove programs and see if smartsound quicktrack is listed anywhere.
  • edited December 2005
    yes i do that, but it still stays on the add removal page, and then i went into the registry and deleted everythin about it.. but it still is there..
  • edited January 2006
    Hello, download the windows installer removal tool at

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

It worked for me...
  • edited December 2006
    smartsound quicktracks plugin This file ask the setup.exe. What is the Program?
  • edited May 2007
    yes, downloading windows installer cleanup utility really helped :-) thanx
  • edited October 2007
    <hr style="color: rgb(170, 170, 170);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --> Smartsound quicktracks plugin is in Dvd Movie Programs .Ulead Video studio,Quick time and in Magix Movie editor .If you have one of those programs delete it and restart your computer .Make sure you delete smart sound quick tracks plugin go to control panel ,go to add and remove
    find Smart Sound sound Quicktracks plugin and delete it also . Re install your program or programs and your probleme is solved . Thats it Wolfgang
  • edited December 2008
    I'm now not frustrated by the annoying Smart sounds either :D
  • edited January 2009
    Multiple programs on my computer when opened, have the smartsound quicktrack plugin installer bootup.. saying i need a disk and to insert it. why does it do this!! (evil lyrics, canto ipod... some programs that do it.) can someone help me delete everything of smartsound quicktracks and tell me why i would need it !! thank you!!!!!!

I have the same issue. But, before removing the plugin, I would like to know how the installer starts automatically with windows? I couldn't locate any entries in regedit HKCU/Software/Microsoft/windows/run..

or anything on the startup nor on the msconfig startup list.

Any pointers?

Thank you..
  • edited January 2009
    Look at KowKow's message on board and go to the link given. Peace at last ;D