Minute-by-minute account of LAN 06

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited June 2006 in Community
Well, I rolled in a bit after 5pm after being locked in mortal combat with Detroit's rush hour (hideous). Prof rolled in right after me and scoped out a tenting spot in the yard.

Dan just arrived an hour ago :ukflag: and is now off at the store with Brian, CrazyJoe, and Sledge to use the ATM and get some necessities. It seems that the airline has deposited Dan's bags in Philadelphia :mouldy: They're being shipped to the house ASAP, but at least he's got most of his tech stuff.

Q is doing electric work as usual in the garage... it seems Microman left a half-finished job behind for the second year running :p TheSMJ has gotten the BF2 server running, and most of the guys are chilling in the living room until Brian returns to order food for our first taste of the culinary tour of Detroit: Thai food tonight! :cheers:

Oh, and I almost forgot... the tent still isn't up! They said 6:30pm... it's now 8pm... weeeee.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I can't wait to get off work so I can do 90 in a 65 to see all of you. :D
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Tent is here! Larry just arrived as well :D We've ordered the Thai now too. Apparently, we're getting a bucket of soup from them. ;D
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    a bucket of soup does not sound very good, it makes it sound like it was just dumped from somewhere.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    46 minutes between posts is hardly minute-by-minute.
    edited June 2006
    Nah, it's a custom bucket, not something they cleaned out after throwing the garbage out. Brian brought it back, put it on the stove, added the rest of the ingredients, and cooked it fresh right here in the kitchen. Very good marks from everyone. Quite a bit of good footage was got out of that. :) The Thai was really, really good and very spicy.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Tent up yet?
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    You guys see Marcus a lot more than I......somebody send me a map ;)

Its only 2 hours over there :D
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Come on over Ryder... :D
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited June 2006
    Anybody at the LAN selling a laptop by chance?
    edited June 2006
    Shorty wrote:
    Come on over Ryder... :D
    Someone draw me a map then....or give me an address so I can find the joint :D

Seriously, I will probably come Tomorrow and stay for Sunday.

Thanks
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Someone draw me a map then....or give me an address so I can find the joint :D

Seriously, I will probably come Tomorrow and stay for Sunday.

Thanks

same here, i drove down to toronto, im currently at septimus house waiting, i dont have an addy to drive to! someone hook me up!!!!!!111
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    29490 Beierman
    Warren, Michigan, zip????
    edited June 2006
    Zip = 48091 :)
    edited June 2006
    Citrix, septimus, and Cyclonite have all arrived! :cheers: Delicious breakfast was had this morning by myself, mtgoat, Shorty, GH, CJ, mtdew, and dras at the Original Pancake House. :D Then it was off to Office Max for some various cables we were missing. The tent is fully loaded and equipped at this point, and there is quite a bit of gaming action going on.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2006
    Kwitko wrote:
    46 minutes between posts is hardly minute-by-minute.
    There's nothing worse than whining, unless it's nagging. :rolleyes:

So help me, if you were here right now I would punch you right in your big...

...wait...what?...he WHAT? :eek:

Kwitko just made a surprise visit to the LAN -

He's here! :celebrate
    edited June 2006
    Yes, while I was off at the airport with Thrax and mtgoat picking up Mackanz, Kwitko arrived in a cloud of secrecy and stealth. :p I asked Dan where he and Brian were going (with a video camera) and they're like "uh, the store..." Right, bull****, but you guys have fun.

There have been several beer runs, and there's random conversations, gaming, server building, and Goonies-watching going on at the moment. Original Pancake House early tomorrow morning :cheers:
    edited June 2006
    bEEEEERRRRRRRRR..............2 REFERS FULL AND THAN FULL AGAIN!
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    2 REFERS FULL AND THAN FULL AGAIN!

I am reading that as reefer, as in pot. am i misunderstanding something here, becase I think I am, because as close as michigan is to canada, I have a feeling that they the DEA might have a problem.:tongue2:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    As in.. Not.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2006
    Refer = Refill

Gigantor is having a laugh. :range:
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited June 2006
    i'm still going to refer to gigantor as sledge....i cant see myself calling him gigantor
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    any public ips? :(
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited June 2006
    Thank you for your purchase of the Shorty MK 1.
    With proper care he should give days of trouble free Lanning.
    Care of Shorty tips.

After your Shorty MK 1 is delivered please check that all peripherals are included in the box, occasionally, the peripherals may be delivered separately. Take the time to read the manual and store away any items not needed immediately.
    When your Shorty is first switched on, plenty of Tea for the first few hours followed by a light lunch is advisable to assist with the set up procedure.
    After lunch, a little light gaming interspersed by the occasional Beer (or Larger) and nibble will help burn him in for the evening session.
    After the evening meal and a cooling off period he will be all set up. Sit in front of a PC and start the game of choice. A steady supply of Beer will help but watch out, the Beer may have to be throttled back if he shows signs of lagging. Continue with this until you start seeing blue screens, these can be identified by error messages like 'what?' or 'I love you guys'. When these errors occur more than 40% of the time it is time to switch your Shorty off. Unplug from the PC and remove to a warm dry place. 'Tucking in' (see manual) will help, especially if done in a horizontal position. Kiss on forehead and allow to defrag overnight.
    Following these simple instructions should allow your Shorty MK1 to function without problems however, if you need to RMA him simply deliver him (with ALL peripherals) to a local airport. Shorty MK1 has a homing device and will find his way back unaided.
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    ;D Brilliant just Brilliant.
    edited June 2006
    Gigantor!
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Keebs won't get his butt out of bed to go to OHOP, which I believe he was going crazy about earlier.

Please don't ban me.
  • TrinityTrinity UK
    edited June 2006
    bothered wrote:
    Shorty MK1 has a homing device and will find his way back unaided.

Would that be the PGTipsimus 3600?

;D;D
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    mmmmmm.... OPH... Yummy!!!
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    bothered wrote:
    With proper care he should give days of trouble free Lanning.
    Care of Shorty tips.

After your Shorty MK 1 is delivered please check that all peripherals are included in the box, occasionally, the peripherals may be delivered separately. Take the time to read the manual and store away any items not needed immediately.
    When your Shorty is first switched on, plenty of Tea for the first few hours followed by a light lunch is advisable to assist with the set up procedure.
    After lunch, a little light gaming interspersed by the occasional Beer (or Larger) and nibble will help burn him in for the evening session.
    After the evening meal and a cooling off period he will be all set up. Sit in front of a PC and start the game of choice. A steady supply of Beer will help but watch out, the Beer may have to be throttled back if he shows signs of lagging. Continue with this until you start seeing blue screens, these can be identified by error messages like 'what?' or 'I love you guys'. When these errors occur more than 40% of the time it is time to switch your Shorty off. Unplug from the PC and remove to a warm dry place. 'Tucking in' (see manual) will help, especially if done in a horizontal position. Kiss on forehead and allow to defrag overnight.
    Following these simple instructions should allow your Shorty MK1 to function without problems however, if you need to RMA him simply deliver him (with ALL peripherals) to a local airport. Shorty MK1 has a homing device and will find his way back unaided.
    ;D;D;D;D Mr Bothered... awesome!
    edited June 2006
    Leaving in about 20 min's......see you guys soon :)