My son was promoted to First Lieutenant

MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
edited December 2006 in Community
[proud Dad alert]

My son, currently serving in Iraq, was promoted to First Lieutenant on the 28th.

[/proud Dad alert]

He and a couple of his soldiers received injuries this week from a hand grenade thrown over a wall. They thought it was just "another rock" as that has happened many times, but they were surprised went it blew up. My son received very minor injury, but a couple of his soldiers received more serious injuries.

I now have a few more gray hairs. It might be white by the time he gets out of Iraq! :hair:

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Congrats to your son and glad he's okay.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Congrats to the new Lieutenant and lets hope we can bring 'em all home safe.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Congrats to 1st Lt. Mr Bill Jr! :D
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2006
    Congratulations. You are quite justifiably proud of him, as are many of us. :)
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    Congratulations. You are quite justifiably proud of him, as are many of us. :)
    :rockon:
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Hey! Congrats MrBill!
    Let him know we're all proud of him and others serving for freedom around the world.
    And we're very glad to hear he's OK.
    We'll keep them all in our prayers for healing and safe return home.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Congrats to you and your proud family Mr. Bill. I hope this mess gets settled soon and he returns home safely. Give Mrs. Bill best wishes too!
  • edited December 2006
    Congrats on your son's promotion, MrBill. And I'm very glad to hear that he wasn't hurt badly with the grenade attack also. I hope that he and his company rotates back out soon. :)
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Congrats on his promotion, give him a big thanks from all of us, and a wish that everyone comes home safe and soon!
  • edited December 2006
    It's quite stressful knowing someone close is at war, good luck and congrats to him, and God speed to you in not worrying.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited December 2006
    Congrats on your son's promotion MrBill.
    Good to hear the injuries were minor and hoping for a safe return.
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited December 2006
    Thanks for the congrats, prayers and well wishes everyone. I'll send my son a link to this thread and hopefully he'll have time at some point to read it himself.

Though he received minor injuy himself, his first and foremost concern was for his men serving under him. He has been in Iraq since March of this year and has had a couple of his guys get shot -- luckily none were life threatening. His company should be rotating out in late February or early March of 2007.
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited December 2006
    Congrats on your sons promotion.
  • KentigernKentigern Milton Keynes UK
    edited December 2006
    Congrats on your sons promotion, glad he wasn't hurt too badly.
    I'll add him to my prayer list.

On a lighter note I understand grecian 2000 works wonders on the gray/white hairs
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Bill, I'm very happy to hear your son was not seriously injured or worse.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Glad your son is doing well after the attack and I hope he stays out of further harm...

Oh... and CONGRATS on his promotion!!!! :headbange
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    That's a brave son you have there, MrBill. He deserves every stripe.
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
    edited December 2006
    Please send my congratulations to your son.