i8042prt error

danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
edited January 2007 in Science & Tech
Ok, I know what event 7026 i8042prt error is in Windows after doing a little research. I built my brother's computer with a wireless keyboard and mouse, and so Windows gives the following error:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: i8042prt.

Anyone know how to disable Window's attempt to load the PS/2 Keyboard and mouse driver at startup?

Comments

• PterocarpousPterocarpous Rosie the Riveter Lives On in CA, USA! New
    edited January 2007
    Ok, I know what event 7026 i8042prt error is in Windows after doing a little research. I built my brother's computer with a wireless keyboard and mouse, and so Windows gives the following error: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: i8042prt...Anyone know how to disable Window's attempt to load the PS/2 Keyboard and mouse driver at startup?
    THIS applied to Win2K but it still may be applicable.

Still looking. Will post back here if I find something else.

EDIT-1://
    HERE's another thread citing the same fix.

EDIT-2://
    THIS might help to explain what is going on.

EDIT-3://
    I assumed you'd already done this but, just in case, check the BIOS for an option to disable PS2 support.
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited January 2007
    I didn't see an option to disable PS2 support in the EPoX AF550G Pro BIOS.
    edited January 2007
    I didn't see an option to disable PS2 support in the EPoX AF550G Pro BIOS.
    I didn't think there would be. Did you take a look at the other links?? Anything helpful there??
    edited January 2007
    I added "headless" and 0x1 to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters and no longer get the warning.
    edited January 2007
    I added "headless" and 0x1 to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters and no longer get the warning.
    There you have it then! Terrific!

So, was that something you found in your research? If so, would you like to post the link(s) here?

Or, would you like to post the registry modification details here?

In either case, so that others experiencing the same issue might benefit from your experience. :smiles:
    edited January 2007
    The links you provided are actually sufficient enough for others to fix this error.
    edited January 2007
    The links you provided are actually sufficient enough for others to fix this error.
    Ahh! So you found an answer in one of those links. Good!

For those researching the same issue, please, refer back to post # 2 in this thread for links to threads, etc. that will help you to resolve this issue. :smiles: