Anybody seen one of these ??

MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
edited March 2008 in Hardware
I'm looking to get one of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133028

The reviews are good and I do like to spread out a bit. I never have enough room. I would like to know a "real" impression from somebody who has seen one or has one. Not just the specs.

My 5 year old Lian Li needs to retire to the wife's computer. She doesn't turn it on only every couple of months anyway.

Comments

• rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited April 2007
    Its a decent case. The sides dent a little too easy, as I accidently kicked my friends case and left a little kink and some scuffs. I would try looking at another case if you want to spend that much.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    that thing looks flimsy as hell... and ugly to boot.

here are some nice big cases that i have experience with first hand and can say are very nice.
    WWW.MOUNTAINMODS.COM
  • MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Well contrary to popular opinion I went ahead and purchased the case.

It is anything but flimsy. It is probably one of the best cases I have ever seen. The layout is great and i finally have room to work in there. My only real complaint is the doors don't pop off of their hinges and only open 90 degrees. They have to be unscrewed to remove them. They really don't get in the way for the most part.

All the intakes areas have filters except the power supply which is straight in to the supply and out the back so it should be pretty dust free.

It is a bit big, but still smaller than you would think. Case is actually narrower than a regular case, but deeper and taller.

It is VERY quiet. I have the 5 original ThermalTake 120s and the 140 in the powersupply running and you can hardly hear it.

I hooked up basic water cooling (CPU only) for now since I will be going to internal Water Cooling later since i have the room.

I still got some cable routing cleanup to do, but there are a lot of places to hide cable runs in.

Here's a few pics.
    edited June 2007
    and a couple more pics.
  • saltydog806saltydog806 Bowie MD
    edited June 2007
    Very nice. Have you got any exrta $250.00 you can swing my way? Enjoy.
  • edited June 2007
    I used the very same case for a while, but ended up giving it to my son because it didn't have the room I was looking for to hold all my water cooling the way I wanted to install it.

Nice cases though
  • edited June 2007
    Nice case, Missileman. I see you are using a Koolance watercooling unit with it too. I don't know that you could set up a self-contained watercooling setup in the case though; I think you would run a bit tight on room. But it does look like a really nice case though.
    edited June 2007
    I think I'm going to eventually go with an off the back water cooling rig. I think it will work quite well and the case can handle the weight with ease.
  • edited June 2007
    Setting up water cooling was a bit of a pain in this case, I wanted to use either a triple rad or at least dual 220's, saddly that really didn't work out all that well, that's why the son has it now.
    52.JPG 55.5K
    53.JPG 55.6K
    55.JPG 56.9K
  • edited June 2007
    I'll be looking forward to seeing it when you mount off the back, Missileman. It's a nice case, but too rich for my blood right now. I'm looking for a new case for watercooling too and right now, the GIGABYTE 3D AURORA GZ-FSCA1-ATB looks to be my prime choice for now. It's got dual 120 fans on the back which will be perfect for hanging the dual 120 heatercore I just bought off the back and plenty of room for mounting the pump internally. It also has a filtered 120mm intake fan too. I've been eying these Gigabyte cases ever since they came out last year as my next watercooling case. I've been getting some pretty decent deals in the OCforums classified section on watercooling goodies lately. I bought a Storm Rev 2 for $35, the dual rad for $25 and an Iwaki MD20 RZT waterpump (a real horse too) for $65. The specs on the Iwaki are pretty bad-ass too. It's rated to flow a max of around 175 gallons/hour, but can put out a max of over 14 psi, which should be great for running a restrictive waterblock like the Storm. I also plan to watercool the northbridge too, but watercooling the graphics is much lower on my priority list.
  • edited June 2007
    I've got a English friend that water cooled the Gigabyte case not to long ago, it worked out very nice in his situation............;)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    The filtered 120mm fan intake sucks. I own this case, and over 80% of the intake is blocked by the hard drive cages.
  • edited June 2007
    Thrax, is there enough room in the front of that case to put a 120 X 38 mm case fan such as a Panaflo M1A? If so, that's what I would probably do, just for the increased airflow and static air pressure. If it does have the room and you want to try this out, let me know and I'll send you an extra M1A I have around the house and see if it helps get more air movement in the intake.

Just looking at the pictures on Newegg, I think i see what you are talking about though, Thrax. Is there a way to remove that hard drive cage and perhaps turn it, or maybe remove it and do some judicious dremel work and clear out a bunch of the unneeded metal of the drive cage?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    No, as the cage is riveted down. You'd have to go nuts with cutting tools. There's only room and screws for a standard height 120.
  • edited June 2007
    Just drill out the rivets on the cage and remove it totally, that's what I do on most cases with thos side mounted HD racks.
  • edited June 2007
    Well, if I go with the Gigabyte case I guess I will have some immediate fun with my dremel on it then. :D
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    silverstone man silverstone
    edited March 2008
    Not to bring back the dead, but I wanted to tell you I populated all fan positions in the case today. I never want anyone to question my airflow :)

10 count em ... 10 120mm fans (5 in and 5 out). 2 additional 80mm in the Mini board bay to keep it cool (has an intel celeron micro board installed). A 140mm in the supply. Plus 2 60mm in the micro board supply.

Air Flow for everyone everywhere. It is actually much quieter (than a jet engine) than I expected it to be.