Toshiba Satellite A100 Won't Recover

edited August 2010 in Hardware
Hey there,

My Toshiba Satellite A100 Laptop got a virus (I think?) which was causing Windows XP to freeze during loading, so in the past I've simply done a 'Recovery to out of box State' using the Recovery DVD-ROM that came with the system.

This time however, I insert the disc, boot from it, tell it to recover to the out of box state with factory default settings, and it goes.

Once it ends; gets to 100% an error comes up saying the following:

ERROR: 10E7160017

Recovery Error
Please Press [OK] to turn off the computer

What gives?

Comments

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I've ssen this problem some other places and you could try:

Updating bios.

Setting it simply to run from CD/DVD in bios.

Also, some people has had this problem because their harddrive was "locked", or write protected in some way.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I have had the exact same error running the recovery disks. I fixed it by 1)updating to the latest BIOS version and 2)clearing the power on and hard disk passwords
    Such is the advice over here. I think Jokke may be correct. Mr. C. Purdy, I've informed our anti-virus guys. If they think this problem is caused by a virus, we'll move your thread over to the anti-malware help sub-forum.
  • edited August 2010
    Leonardo wrote:
    Such is the advice over here. I think Jokke may be correct. Mr. C. Purdy, I've informed our anti-virus guys. If they think this problem is caused by a virus, we'll move your thread over to the anti-malware help sub-forum.

The problem is simple. Try with another windows, the CD is damage.
  • edited August 2010
    Damaged