NEW TEAM RECORD - Points Per Week

QCHQCH Ancient GuruChicago Area - USA Icrontian
edited October 2007 in Folding@Home
Qeldroma did some research and Team Icrontic was pumping out over 700,000 points per week in April 2007. Since then, Sledgehammer70 has set a goal of 200,000 points per day. While we ramp up to meet his challenge, we have seemed to notice how far we've come since April's 700k per week....

Are you ready for this?

What are you thinking we crank out each week?

Maybe we've slipped and doing worse....

Could be we've broken 800K per week....

850k???

Maybe even 900k per week. That WOULD be a 29% increase... ;)

Higher than that even?

Ready?????

As of today, we have pushed beyond the 1,000,000 points per week.
:wow2: :wow2: :wow2: (That's almost a 43% increase) :wow2: :wow2: :wow2:

:rockon: :Rocker: :clap:! ! ! ~ AWESOME WORK TEAM ~ ! ! ! :clap: :Rocker: :rockon:

1million-ppw.jpg

Thank you, Qeldroma, for bringing it to our attention. :thumbsup:

Comments

• SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited October 2007
    WOW I am proud to be a Tiny part of this team and A rather large part of my other team. great folding folks :thumbsup::thumbsup:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Congrats to Team 93, and thanks to Qeldroma, QCH, Sledge, and others who are really pushing the team and raising the bar :)
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    It's my fault.
  • trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    WOW! Great Job!
    :smokin:
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited October 2007
    I have been impressed with the commitment and effort made by the members of this team. From the volunteers that provide PC help and support to those that finally decide to load the client and spend a few watts to help.

I think that combined with the changeover to dual and quad cores, the adoption of SMPs, and the innovative thinking pitched in to improve WU output has really helped boost us to this new level.

Whether other teams manage to pass us in the next few weeks or not is not so important to me- I'll even applaud them if they do- especially as we keep setting that bar higher every day. Because, AFAIC, if this all adds up to making a difference for someone we care about someday sooner ... then, by golly, we won.

Thank you, Team 93.

:thumbsup:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Good news! Ahh, feels good.
  • Ultra-NexusUltra-Nexus Buenos Aires, ARG
    edited October 2007
    Qeldroma wrote:
    I have been impressed with the commitment and effort made by the members of this team. From the volunteers that provide PC help and support to those that finally decide to load the client and spend a few watts to help.

I think that combined with the changeover to dual and quad cores, the adoption of SMPs, and the innovative thinking pitched in to improve WU output has really helped boost us to this new level.

Whether other teams manage to pass us in the next few weeks or not is not so important to me- I'll even applaud them if they do- especially as we keep setting that bar higher every day. Because, AFAIC, if this all adds up to making a difference for someone we care about someday sooner ... then, by golly, we won.

Thank you, Team 93.

:thumbsup:

Great said!! :cheers:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Great folding effort.

Awesome research, Qeldroma.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I would like to thank the new Quad core CPU's added to the team for stepping it up :) ....lol

Actually a ton of you have moved your C2D or AMD dual cores to running SMP clients and man has it shown a huge increase in points. Keep it up team we shall hit our 200,000 mark in due time.
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited October 2007
    You can definitely do his with the team spirit you guys and gals have. My other team 46590 managed to triple daily production from 20,000 PPD to over 60,000 PPD in the last 2 months. See ya in the top 100 soon :bigggrin: