Warhammer Online Screenies!

Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
edited September 2008 in Gaming
By demand, i have some screenshots form my trip into the Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning beta test, and quite the trip it is.

screenshot_000.jpg
Starting here, this is the character select screen. You can see my marauder and my friends black orc.

XemuM_001.jpg
This is the title page of the Tome of Knowledge. Within the tome is a record of nearly everything your toon has done, and its quite a nifty tool.

XemuM_000.jpg
The crafting system in this game is very interesting. It involves butting a main ingredient and 3 minor ingredients into a vial, brewing it up, and seeing what comes out. Sometimes, its just what you expected, but other times, you may get something totally wild that what you were trying to make, be it a good wild or a bad wild.

XemuM_003.jpg
Map for Warhammer is map-ey. Its just a map. Bloodstains show the area quest mobs are in, and the bar at the bottom shows what faction is in control of all zones overall.

XemuM_005.jpg
Warhammer PvP is teamwork-based. If your not it a good team, bg group, or even faction, you may suffer for it in PvP. This is a starting rush for a flag in the t1 empire v chaos scenario.

Switching over to my fire-based order toon, a Bright Wizard, we can see some other of the things that makes WAR great.

FiarguyM_000.jpg
As far as i've seen so far, every ability (casting, at least) has its own unique animation. This makes combat look significantly more fluid and give it more of a unique feel.

FiarguyM_002.jpg
One of the best feature of WAR are the public quests. In case you don't know, a public quest is when a gathering of people in a certain spot (they don't have to be partied, they just need to be in the location of the PQ...in this case I have a party) to do a series of mini-quests increasing in difficulty. These can range from killing champion (eliete for you WoWers) mobs...

FiarguyM_004.jpg
...To bringing down massive heroes(in WoW, a boss) in an epic battle.

Well, so far thats all I have to show for Warhammer Online, but if you wana see something else, tell me and ill grab a screenie of it and post it.

Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    How do you like it? I used to play wow and EQ but it was too repetitive Also whats gonna be the monthly fee for this one?
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    i love it, id easily reccomend it over wow...its a 15 dollar fee a month, with an 80 something a year.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    If you're huge on PvP, it offers an MMO perspective that WoW doesn't. If you don't like PvP, it's no different from WoW.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    That looks nifty :) I got my preorder and key for the open beta, so I'll get to try it out in a couple weeks. I'm looking forward to it.
    edited August 2008
    CB wrote:
    That looks nifty :) I got my preorder and key for the open beta, so I'll get to try it out in a couple weeks. I'm looking forward to it.

Pre-order preview weekend is NAO!!!!! make a mythic aco**** form the top of the war homepage and join us for a weekend of early open beta
    edited August 2008
    That's odd then. I created my Mythic account and tried to log in, but it wouldn't recognize me... I assumed it was because the open beta hadden't begun yet.... I must be doin' it wrong... :(
    edited August 2008
    CB wrote:
    That's odd then. I created my Mythic account and tried to log in, but it wouldn't recognize me... I assumed it was because the open beta hadden't begun yet.... I must be doin' it wrong... :(

lol, it takes about 3 hours for mythic to recognize your account and allow you into the beta, but dont expect to get in, beta preivew ends in like 3 hours. Real beta starts the ninth.

My server is Mad Dog Pass
  • edited August 2008
    Looks like fun.

I'm not sure if you cropped the pics, but wouldn't it be bothersome to have what looks like the HP an mana bar so snug-close to the top of the screen?

How many were let into the beta?
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Gate28 wrote:
    Real beta starts the ninth.

According to their website it is actually the 7th. I might pick up the preorder for $1 from Target just to try it out during beta.
    edited August 2008
    Looks like fun.

I'm not sure if you cropped the pics, but wouldn't it be bothersome to have what looks like the HP an mana bar so snug-close to the top of the screen?

How many were let into the beta?

Bars in order of top to bottom

Top, orange: XP bar
    Top, purple: Renown bar (like XP but you get this and XP for PvP)
    Bottom of the Top, red: HP
    Bottom of the top, yellow: Action points (Nearly exactly the same as mana)

All CE preorders got into open, as did the CB testers and the first 50k SE pre-orders
    edited August 2008
    I went out and spent the 1.06 to purchase the preorder. So I'll give this a go for a week or so once the Open Beta starts...
    edited August 2008
    Awesome!! It is telling me that my Beta Code is invalid. That's super!!
    edited August 2008
    I am considering the preorder myself
    edited August 2008
    I am considering the preorder myself

99cents is pretty steep. Of course it was a ripoff if I cannot get my key to work. I emailed support, let's see how long that takes.
    edited August 2008
    id you make your account here?

https://accounts.eamythic.com/
    edited August 2008
    Yep, I tried adding the code there as well as in my EA Mytic Beta Center Account. Both places said invalid code.
    edited August 2008
    Crazy Joe wrote:
    Yep, I tried adding the code there as well as in my EA Mytic Beta Center Account. Both places said invalid code.

dashes and all? mine worked perfectly, but im using CE preorder key.
    edited August 2008
    Yep, tried lowecase, uppercase, dashes and no dashes. Guess I'll call their customer support line tomorrow as they close at 8PM and I just missed it.
    edited August 2008
    lol, yeah, only thing i can think of.

well i hope to see you on the 7th if you can get it to work!
    edited August 2008
    Joe, did you try both codes? Mine came with two codes: One for the beta, and one for the free items. You have to enter the Beta code first, and it's not immediately obvious which is which.
    edited August 2008
    I entered the beta code first, it said it was invalid.
    edited August 2008
    Just called their support and was told that there was a misprint on the target codes where the letter O printed on my code should have actually been a Q.
    edited August 2008
    lol, i read something about that

oh, well..it works now, right?
    edited August 2008
    Indeed.
    edited August 2008
    eh I was gonna buy it but it was 50 bucks I mean jeesh Id pay 30 and the monthly fee but 50! thats a rip
    edited August 2008
    I don't really have any experience with MMOs lately (except Guild Wars) but $50 seems to be a pretty standard price for PC games, no?
    edited August 2008
    So, what are those of us who are trying out the Beta thinking of playing? I am torn between Dwarf or Which Hunter on the Order Side, or Chosen or Choppa on the Chaos Side.
    edited August 2008
    How are you playing? I thought the open beta didn't start for another week or so...
    edited August 2008
    It doesn't start until September 7th. Just wondering what people are considering playing as.
    edited August 2008
    I played a Dark Elf sorceress.

In beta, RvR seemed slightly in favor of order, but i notced that was only the case in the empire vs chaos scenario on my marauder

It seems geogeous for RvR from the dark elf side, while playing my sorc

I'll probably go DE sorceress for live or a chaos marauder.

Witch Hunter and Ironbreaker are beastly in RvR, from what i've seen, but the dark elf blood witch (or whatever) and chaos chosen are nearly the same classes and the WH and IB, except more badass because of destruction.