Folding@Home monitor, HFM.net, is very good

LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciersEagle River, Alaska Icrontian
edited February 2010 in Folding@Home
I wanted to let you guys know about a relatively new [EMAIL="Folding@Home"]Folding@Home[/EMAIL] clients monitor, HFM.net. A couple months back, I had complained -
this thread - about FahMON having frequent crashes and randomly corrupting settings and client names. When I upgraded my home computers to Windows 7, the same problems persisted with FahMON. It wasn't a problem with legacy settings or drivers either, as all the Win7 installs were clean, on freshly formatted drives.

I'm running HFM.net now. It has performed flawlessy - zero data/files corruption and no crashes, and that's on a home LAN spanning four computers and 20 Folding clients.

If FahMON is working well for you, good. If you are not satisfied, give HFM.net a shot. HFM.net

Comments

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Nice find Leo. I'll have to set this up when I get back home. Now I just need to set up samba on my servers so I can monitor their progress from home :D I'd only need read access to the directories, right? I wouldn't imagine the monitoring app would need to write to them.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    fahmon.png

HFM.png

---large images
    The one thing I noticed the most was that HFM ppd estimates are a little different overall, interval times are wrong. FahMon has a closer to correct ppd estimate, if my math is write. But the information that HFM displays I am liking a little more. There are profiles that you can load, switch, or save which I guess is helpful to check on individual system ppd but that means you don't know how to use a calculator.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Got this set up last night. I like it a lot more than FaHMon. I really like the fact that it can monitor via HTTP or FTP. I'm not sure if FaHMon could do that or not (didn't think to try it). Made setting up monitoring for my systems at work really easy, just symlinked FAHlog.txt, queue.dat and unitinfo.txt into web directories, set up some rsync-fu to upload those files to my webserver from my workstation every 15 minutes and bingo I can now monitor all my folding clients from my desktop at home :D
    edited January 2010
    Its not pulling information for some of the WUs that my cards are running. As in it has no idea what point value a few WUs are so it can't figure ppd and throws zeros for that client even though its running. Anyone else seen this?
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    It sounds to me like you just need to download the newest work units.
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited January 2010
    Some don't show up. If they don't show up here http://fah-web.stanford.edu/psummary.html
    they're not going to show up. I'm referring to the "5781" gpu unit, not showing up anywhere, but completing and crediting fine. I've had a few like that,both with HFM and fahmon.

I'm not a big time folder, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once...
    edited January 2010
    FahMon has that WU series but HFM can't get hold of it. There is some mystery drawing me to HFM. The look and data it provides is nice to be able to stare at instead of having to bust out the calc and pound keys. EDIT: It got it all now

The ppd/MHz column is an awesome feature.
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited January 2010
    A couple of days ago I couldn't get FahMon to get it, that's why I switched.
    Glad you got it.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    FahMon has that WU series but HFM can't get hold of it.
    In preferences, under the Web~ tab, there will be a psummary address. Substitute "PsummaryC" for psummary. Sometimes there are projects loaded in that directory that aren't in the default psummary directory. In my case - SMP and GPU clients - HFM has been 100% reliable and accurate. I have quit using FahMON as of several days ago.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    I've been using HFM.net and I want to check the status of remote machines using DropBox.

I'm wondering what information HFM.net needs, Just the log file?

Also I don't mind manually moving the data to a Dropbox Dir but obviously it would be easier if it was automatic. Is there settings in F@h to output logs to a different Dir then the launch Dir?

Thanks for any info,

-Bobby
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Well it seemed to work even though I only threw my log file into the DropBox dir.

When I added the client in HFM.net it also asked for the unitinfo.txt and queue.dat.

That question answered, Still can't find a way to have the F@h client output to a different Dir. Maybe I just need to write a batch file to copy the files over and run it before I leave for the day?

-Bobby

-Bobby
    edited February 2010
    You need to batch it, you could always set the batch to run every few hours. There is no way to change output dir. for fah.