Icrontic Man of the Year 2010

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited July 2010 in Community
This year's IC Man of the Year has been a member of this site since his childhood. Having grown up in and with the community, he has gone from regular member to moderator, super moderator to contributor, and is Icrontic's most prolific and published author. His insightful and exceptionally well-written and researched content have been the lifeblood of our content stream for three years. His thorough guides, his helpful how-to's, and his always-correct answers have brought help to hundreds of thousands of people on this wide web we live on.

But besides that, he's been a friend to many throughout the years. Always ready for lolz and shens, always there to help people and motivate them (most notably with their journeys to physical fitness), he has become a dear part of many Icrontian's lives.

Yes, the Icrontic Man of the Year for 2010 is none other than Robert "Thrax" Hallock.

We're extremely sad that Robert can no longer write for Icrontic as he will soon be working for AMD in Markham, Ontario. We're exceptionally proud of him as he goes off into the wide world of working for a company familiar to all computer enthusiasts. How appropriate, for those of us who have known him since his youth, that he ended up going to AMD ;)

To the good times we've had, Rob; and to many more to come. Thank you for everything <3

MoTY2010.jpg

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Couldn't have happened to a better guy. Congrats Robert.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Congrats x2 my man, here's to a bright future!
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Very well deserved.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Totally and completely unexpected. :) Thank you so much! I don't even know what to say.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Say, "I told you so, bitches!"
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited June 2010
    Great news.. And It just got better as I went along, AMD huh!? LOL.. WAY TO GO THRAXIMUS!!!
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    A great man that follows a great man. Rob, you are the man!
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Congrats Rob.
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    well done, thraxface!
  • ZenModeZenMode Royal Oak, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Super proud sir, well done and deserved.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Congrats man!
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Great Job and Congrats!
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Well deserved!

I'll miss your awesome comprehensive articles that you write for Icrontic, but I also wish you the best of luck with AMD.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    3 cheers and a toast of unfiltered wheat! Huge congrats man, you've earned it.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Woot Thrax! Grats!

-Bobby
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Congrats, sir.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    This was rigged. Also, old.

(also, congrats thraxodactyl)
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    It's weird to think that a snot nosed arrogant little 15 year old has become such a well respected and awesome individual in this community.... But then it's also not because in person, you had always been Rob.

Well done Rob. You absolutely deserve it!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Thrax will NEVER become a staff member on my watch
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    In the 4 years I've known Robert, he has gone from forum troll punk bitch to a respectable gentleman who knows his shit.

Congrats sir, you deserve this and I'm glad we were able to give you this award before you left Icrontic.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Thrax... never... etc.

Owned.
    edited June 2010
    I remember when I met Rob back in May 2004. It was the first LAN and he helped several of us at the same time overclock our AMD systems. We'd shout out motherboard and processor and memory and he'd shout back voltages and front side bus speeds. At 15 or 16 he already knew just about as much as anyone at IC (Short-Media). Yeah he had some growing up to do but his knowledge has never been in doubt.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    QCH wrote:
    I remember when I met Rob back in May 2004. It was the first LAN and he helped several of us at the same time overclock our AMD systems. We'd shout out motherboard and processor and memory and he'd shout back voltages and front side bus speeds. At 15 or 16 he already knew just about as much as anyone at IC (Short-Media). Yeah he had some growing up to do but his knowledge has never been in doubt.

and he had hair back then. :tongue2:
    edited June 2010
    Yep... that's him.
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Congratulations Thrax! Best of luck to you.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Congrats, Thrax!
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Well done!
  • edited July 2010
    To me, Thrax is the man of every year since I have been here.