2 tinkers... no credit

WeedoWeedo New
edited January 2005 in Folding@Home
I finished 2 big tinkers this morning and as of 4:30 this afternoon I still haven't gotten the points, even though I got points for a smaller WU and the log files for those tinkers show they were finished and the work sent in. :scratch:

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited January 2005
    Hmm the work unit database link on the front page is not working anymore. Anyone else have it?
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited January 2005
    Do you mean the Server Status page?

Weedo - what IP do your logs say the WU's were sent to?
  • WeedoWeedo New
    edited January 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    Weedo - what IP do your logs say the WU's were sent to?

The log doesn't say. Just that it was successfully sent. Then it assigns the next WU to (171.64.122.124).

[13:40:47] Finished a frame (399)
    [13:46:27] Finished a frame (400)
    [13:46:27] TINKER is Exiting following Normal Termination
    [13:46:27]
    [13:46:27] Finished Work Unit:
    [13:46:32] ARC file integrity verified
    [13:46:32] logfile size: 301056
    [13:46:32] Leaving Run
    [13:46:36] - Writing 1345640 bytes of core data to disk.
    [13:46:36] end (WriteWorkResults)
    [13:46:36] - Shutting down core
    [13:46:36]
    [13:46:36] Folding@home Core Shutdown: FINISHED_UNIT
    [13:46:40] CoreStatus = 64 (100)
    [13:46:40] Sending work to server

[13:46:40] + Attempting to send results
    [13:47:09] + Results successfully sent
    [13:47:09] Thank you for your contribution to Folding@home.
    [13:47:09] + Number of Units Completed: 44

[13:47:13] - Preparing to get new work unit...
    [13:47:13] + Attempting to get work packet
    [13:47:13] - Connecting to assignment server
    [13:47:14] - Successful: assigned to (171.64.122.124).
    [13:47:14] + News From Folding@Home: Welcome to Folding@Home

Here's the excerpt from the log where the one ends and it goes into the next one. I never got the points though. That's 482 points I'm short. :shakehead
    edited January 2005
    Weedo wrote:
    The log doesn't say. Just that it was successfully sent. Then it assigns the next WU to (171.64.122.124)...
    That server shows 468 WU's in the "WU's RCV" column, second highest for any of the servers.
    WUS RCVD shows how many WUs have been received since the last time the servers WUs were updated into the stats. This shows the relative number of WUs being received on the different servers (if all is fine) or which servers are not being inputted into the stats db if there is some problem.
    I'm not an expert on interpreting the server page, but I believe this means that the server has a backlog of completed WU's which have not yet been added to the stats. Hopefully they'll show up soon. :)
  • edited January 2005
    mmonnin wrote:
    Hmm the work unit database link on the front page is not working anymore. Anyone else have it?

I tried getting it from Vijay a couple of months ago but he was pretty ****ing anal about it. :mad: Maybe he will give you the new link, since you are a mod at the community forums. :rolleyes:

It really pissed me off at the time; almost quit folding and started looking for ET! :mean:
  • witenoizwitenoiz 19,356 miles East of Kansas City, MO Member
    edited January 2005
    muddocktor wrote:
    I tried getting it from Vijay a couple of months ago but he was pretty ****ing anal about it. :mad: Maybe he will give you the new link, since you are a mod at the community forums. :rolleyes:

It really pissed me off at the time; almost quit folding and started looking for ET! :mean:
    OK!! Now THAT'S FUNNY!! ;D And I don't mean the ET bit. What in Vijay's busy life would keep him from a simple answer to a question from a moderator for the #12 Folding team in the world. :shakehead Jack
  • WeedoWeedo New
    edited January 2005
    Well, I guess my 482 points are not forthcoming. Wonder what happened.
  • Lord_NightLord_Night Piqua Ohio
    edited January 2005
    Weedo wrote:
    Well, I guess my 482 points are not forthcoming. Wonder what happened.

OH NO... COmon someone fix that... Weedo needs those points..
    I cant see his head light anymore....... ;D

all in good fun :thumbsup:
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited January 2005
    There is a problem at stanford and they are working on fixing it. I read it over in the folding-community.org.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    SM23 has a WU as well that wasn't credited. I had been wondering what happened as a Tinker WU that finished yesterday was credited but not the one before.
  • edited January 2005
    My laptop had 3 wu's between 300-600 points wu's that wouldn't send while I was offshore at work last week and I had sent them in yesterday evening. I still don't see any points for them either, Weedo! :mad:

That kind of crap does piss you off, for sure. :mad: That's around 1500 ****ing points I have in limbo. :mad:
  • WeedoWeedo New
    edited January 2005
    muddocktor wrote:
    My laptop had 3 wu's between 300-600 points wu's that wouldn't send while I was offshore at work last week and I had sent them in yesterday evening. I still don't see any points for them either, Weedo! :mad:

That kind of crap does piss you off, for sure. :mad: That's around 1500 ****ing points I have in limbo. :mad:

It really takes the wind out of your folding sails. And now I have 4 more tinkers working and I wonder if I'll get the credit for those too. I don't know.

:shakehead
  • WeedoWeedo New
    edited January 2005
    :mad::mad::mad:

These tinkers are taking as long as gromacs. What's going on here all of the sudden. :confused:

I'm currently working on 2 1137's, an 1138 and an 1139. 2 of them should finish today. I'd better see some points!! :rant:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :werr::sawed:

P.S.

So I got credit for 1 tinker today. The other 2 I completed days ago are just lost. I can't understand how that could happen.
    edited January 2005
    Some updated info from the Folding Community Forums:

http://forum.folding-community.org/viewtopic.php?t=11012

(See the second post)

There may be some hope - at least they're still trying. :)
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    Well, I do not know what they are DOING, but thier logs do not match mine. I have about 1200 points provable lost in limbo now also, ,and have had for about a week. If credits are not given promptly, the whole stats system falls apart at the seams (within the Stanford LAN and the split of some servers to the medical LAN) and as long as that is happening I am not wasting processing time here doing Folding. Sorry, folks, but looks like it might be months before I can trust the stats system to WORK, right now it is randomly FUBARED. SO, no credit, no foldum from here, and my Prescott likes being about 16 C cooler also
    edited January 2005
    John, I'm a little surprised to hear you put it so strongly. I never would have figured you for being a person motivated solely by points.

Mistakes happen. A ref can make a bad call during a football game. I've seen baseball umpires who couldn't call a strike as well as I could from out in the cheap seats. Life is not always fair. We deal with it, and the game goes on.

I Fold in the hope that this research will lead to some medical breakthroughs, possibly rivaling the good done for the human race by polio vaccine and penicillin. I love the competition - it makes it a lot more fun to be a participant. But if all the points, standings, rivalries, and yes, even our precious Milestone Forum all went away tomorrow I would still Fold on! :ninja:
    edited January 2005
    Yeah I remember you saying it wasnt about the points. I would have thought you would be one that would still fold even without getting points, for the cause and not for competition. Guess prof and I were wrong tho.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    I wouldn't act in haste John, Stanford is good for the credit and I'm sure will do all they can to remedy the situation. I see SM23 got credit at the 9PM update lastnight so it looks as though things are starting to happen now. :)
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    mmonnin wrote:
    Yeah I remember you saying it wasnt about the points. I would have thought you would be one that would still fold even without getting points, for the cause and not for competition. Guess prof and I were wrong tho.

Problem is this:

I need to use the boxes for other things also, and folding cut into that. So, for now the needed other things are greater than just the folding cause.

You two were right (cause more than points, which is why parts went to the SMX box and an SMX box is folding again sooner rather than later-- to the tune of about $100.00 in donated parts just from this donation), but the replies I get from folding admins show thier records vary a lot from client logs here. As and when this discrepancy is fixed, the Linux box will be folding again, the XP box NOT folding until I can get enough money for a water cooling setup (and I need a PDA first, before that happens).

I said life changes in another post somewhere(in this case business NEEDS), not saying sole reason was Folding's messup of points, but they get to fix errors first before I fold again also.

Fact is, I have missing points for months back. They all get to get fixed first, then I fold. Part of the reason team points leave us in 12th place is this fubar of point and done WUs recording being fragged somehow-- without intent to do so, as far as I can read between the lines of the problem scenario now). When Folding admins explain what problem is, and demonstrate it is fixed, the Linux box can afford to fold at least part time (I have one problem with folding on Linux, I am evaling different distros to determ ine which to go with as a solkid choice, so would have to set up fodliong on each new install to make things work for folding even on linux right now.
    edited January 2005
    I bet I am missing more points than you by the thousands. Do I care??? Heck no. Folding will use what you give it. No less no more. Take it or leave it.
  • edited January 2005
    Marc, I can feel their frustration on the points issue myself. It's not so bad when you have multiple machines like you or I but the folks who have just 1 or 2 machines folding feel the loss of work records by Stanford very acutely, especially when they lose work records from wu's that take days to fold. I mean, it's not like anyone is getting paid with money, just points. Just think that if you did 3 or 6 days of work(at your job) and then the company that you worked for doesn't pay you because they lost the records. You'd be pissed, to say the least. It holds the same with this project as with my previous example. And in my opinion, Stanford is way off base not letting at least the community mods like you have the correct url to even check and see if the points have been tallied. :mad:

From a post by Vijay recently at the community, it sounds like there will be a major revamp on points structure soon. I don't have the slightest clue what they are going to be doing, but maybe they will also be streamlining the way to check if a wu is accounted for too.

I also do this for the science, but if there were no points involved with the project do you think I would have 8 machines running personally at my house? Hell no; I would have a couple of machines (for my daughter and I) and maybe a spare machine, but not a farm for sure. So the points do mean something, otherwise why have folding teams?