Dell Will Keep Using Sony Batteries

Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
edited August 2006 in Science & Tech
Michael Dell says that his outfit will continue to use Sony batteries despite them being responsible for the recent fiasco. Mr. Dell than said his outfit had been working with Sony to make sure that it made the right changes in their processes so that the batteries do not explode. Dell believes the outfit can continue to be one of the suppliers of batteries.
We have worked extensively with Sony to ensure that they have made the right changes in their process. Based on the improvements that they've made, and measures that they have taken, we believe they can continue to be one of the suppliers of batteries to us,
This makes me wonder how many users will be thinking twice before buying a Dell laptops?

Source: SMH.Com.au

Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    id buy one again! I love mine!
  • edited August 2006
    And Ford will keep using Firestone tires. People are sheep, 99% of them won't even look to see what brand of battery are in their notebooks just like they don't look at the tires on their new cars.

I bought a '01 Daewoo new and I'm speaking from experience here. I swear I never even bothered looking at anything aside from inflation numbers on the tire.
    Michael Dell says that his outfit will continue to use Sony batteries despite them being responsible for the recent fiasco. Mr. Dell than said his outfit had been working with Sony to make sure that it made the right changes in their processes so that the batteries do not explode. Dell believes the outfit can continue to be one of the suppliers of batteries.

BTW I love how you refer to Dell as an "outfit" like it's some small fly-by-night operation ;D