Commodore Brand Is Alive!

Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
edited August 2006 in Science & Tech
Commodore now a Dutch company is taking the brand name and is testing the waters with its new High-End PC's. The new Commodore will be equipped with Nvidia’s 7950 GX2 graphics card and an AMD FX 60. Pricing is not known on these new High-End PC's but I am sure they will find a place in the market once again.
Now, the Commodore brand sits on a range of high-end PCs equipped with Nvidia's 7950 GX2 card and an AMD FX 60. Commodore is now a Dutch company and is testing the waters to see is there a market for such a PC with this legendary brand on it. The company picked a nice looking case packed some high-end hardware to beef up ye olde Commodore logo.
I bet just the name brough back some good ole memories.

Source: The Inquirer

Comments

• edited August 2006
    Commodore, Commodore - ATARI atari was enyway better then commodore.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    ATARI was a game console company. Commodore was a computer. Entirely different purposes.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    ATARI was a game console company. Commodore was a computer. Entirely different purposes.

Very True... the Commodore 64 was mans best friend... My buddy still has one running to this day... that poor sole :)
  • MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    I still have a completely functional Commodore 64 with 2 hard drives, monitor, 401 Printer, and a 4 color pen plotter.

Was a great system in it's day.

I still love Galaga :)
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    I have never even seen one. Wouldnt know it if I was standing in front of one. The oldest computer I remember are the IBM dumb units that our gradeschool had when I was a little kid.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    cbm_c64_perip.jpg

Now you know!~
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    I beg to differ. I owned many ATARI computers in my day - and they were not game consoles. The Atari 130XE was a much better PC than the Commodore 64. 128K of ram, omg!
  • jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited August 2006
    I still have a working C64 =) I remember when we got the dang thing back in 84 when my half-brother's father bought an IBM clone and gave us his C64. We used to sit at the thing for hours programming in games from "Run" and "Compute" magazine.

Forbidden Forest and Zaxxon were the pwn!

Anyhow, ya it still works. I've got the old tape recorder drive (That took casette tapes) as well as the Paperclip word processor attachment.