looking for a joomla template

airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
edited November 2006 in Internet & Media
Ok, here is situation:

A <s>ignoramus</s> girl in my youth group decided that she would make a site for us.... at myspace. No need to fret I'm not going to post a link to it, because it is horrid. It exhibits all of the common symptoms of a myspace site flourescent fonts on a grayish black background. Not to mention horrible css and layout. I took the time to look at it this evening and it is useless. no intelligent content what-so-ever.

So when I said that was a ****ing retarded thing to do to make it at myspace, she looked at me and asked me if I had something else, at the time, no. But I will have.

I am making a joomla site, because it should handle our needs quite nicely. and it should be easy enough that dave or xavier (our youth pastor) can handle editing it. not to mention be a hell of a lot more respectable than mY sPAc3!!1!!

But I am looking for a good template. Something that can be used for an orginization such as ours. What will mainly be on there is either scheduling about different events, and other stuff. not to mention some pictures. It should look good.

Free is excelent, but I will pay if it is a better template.

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Yeah I have had a fun time looking for Joomla templates, I do kinda like the default one, but I'll post some links I got from google in about 10 seconds...

http://www.joomla-templates.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=4&id=13&Itemid=27
    http://www.joomlahacks.com/joomla/templates/0,0,0,0,6,0,8/
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    My favorite so far was one I got for my buddy's business. Look familiar? :)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    It exhibits all of the common symptoms of a myspace site flourescent fonts on a grayish black background. Not to mention horrible css and layout. I took the time to look at it this evening and it is useless. no intelligent content what-so-ever.

http://www.short-media.com/review.php?r=339

I CALLED IT.
  • edited November 2006
    Ok, here is situation:

A <s>ignoramus</s> girl in my youth group decided that she would make a site for us.... at myspace. No need to fret I'm not going to post a link to it, because it is horrid. It exhibits all of the common symptoms of a myspace site flourescent fonts on a grayish black background. Not to mention horrible css and layout. I took the time to look at it this evening and it is useless. no intelligent content what-so-ever.

So when I said that was a ****ing retarded thing to do to make it at myspace, she looked at me and asked me if I had something else, at the time, no. But I will have.

I am making a joomla site, because it should handle our needs quite nicely. and it should be easy enough that dave or xavier (our youth pastor) can handle editing it. not to mention be a hell of a lot more respectable than mY sPAc3!!1!!

But I am looking for a good template. Something that can be used for an orginization such as ours. What will mainly be on there is either scheduling about different events, and other stuff. not to mention some pictures. It should look good.

Free is excelent, but I will pay if it is a better template.

I think you like this girl... :bigggrin:
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    nope.

She's got a bf, not to mention she's a porker, and not that pretty. I have standards.

On the other hand I have a gf who is pretty, but not a knockout, but I don't care because her and I have so much fun together. The only problem is that her parents don't know that her and I are going out. So we kinda have to sneak around a bit because her dad is kinda SUPER PROTECTIVE over her, so she's waiting for a good time to introduce me to him. She said that when I meet him that we *haven't* actually started dating yet, and that we were only friends.

I'll post a picture when I get a chance.