Power Saving?

fvsfvs
edited December 2006 in Hardware
I have Itel D865 478 MB and a Celeron D 340. also 512MB Patriot ram. 80 gig WD I had it for about 6 months running linux distros without any problems till now. It seems to reboot without me, I'll be running my desktop for about 15 minutes and all of a sudden it reboots.
I went into the bios and reset the defaults, I even did a live distro and it continues to go into power saving mode. Any help?
fvs
Biostar Tforce 6100
AMD Semperon 2800
Intel D865
Intel Celeron D

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    fvs wrote:
    I have Itel D865 478 MB and a Celeron D 340. also 512MB Patriot ram. 80 gig WD I had it for about 6 months running linux distros without any problems till now. It seems to reboot without me, I'll be running my desktop for about 15 minutes and all of a sudden it reboots.
    I went into the bios and reset the defaults, I even did a live distro and it continues to go into power saving mode. Any help?
    fvs
    Biostar Tforce 6100
    AMD Semperon 2800
    Intel D865
    Intel Celeron D
    :scratch:
  • Datsun-1600Datsun-1600 Sydney.au
    edited December 2006
    Sounds like a heat problem, have you cleaned the dust out of the heatsink and fans?

Datsun 1600
  • fvsfvs
    edited December 2006
    Sounds like a heat problem, have you cleaned the dust out of the heatsink and fans?

Datsun 1600
    Haven't yet, But will, I'm looking to update the Intel and have been seeking advise , I've seen a bundle for $208 Intel DG965 and Intel Pentium D 820 and maybe I'll go with that,
    The only draw back is I'm using Linux Suse 10.2 and not sure if it will be as friendly as my Biostar with AMD Sempron? I'll stay in touch. Thanks. fvs