Guild Wars trial

JBJB Carlsbad, CA
edited February 2007 in Gaming
Does anyone have a 14-day/10-hr trial key that they received with Guild Wars? i would like to check it out before I buy the full game.

Thanks!

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited November 2006
  • JBJB Carlsbad, CA
    edited November 2006
    Sledge,

How are you hosting a Lineage II server? I was looking on their webpage and it looks like you have to pay monthly for it?
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    He has like his own shard or something... too bad I am willing to pay for wow which reminds me of GW allot! but better.. :D

When I get home from work I'll check to see if I have a 14 day trial key for GW, I am unsure if it's used already or not. Either way I am absolutely sure you'll get a kick out of it. It's worth at least a month of fun. At least for me it was, we went crazy in beta and finished everything we could... I didn't though, I missed out at the end for some reason and everyone moved on by the time I was able to play again :(
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    If you don't have yours, I'm pretty sure mine is laying around here somewhere from Factions and/or an original one too.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    I have a Guild Wars Epic 14day/10hr trial (Prophecies & Factions) and Guild Wars Nightfall 14day/10hr trial keys. Just PM me.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Radeon_Man wrote:
    Sledge,

How are you hosting a Lineage II server? I was looking on their webpage and it looks like you have to pay monthly for it?

I am hosting my own Free server :)
  • JBJB Carlsbad, CA
    edited November 2006
    I am hosting my own Free server :)

Cool! I didn't realize MMO games were willing to push out their server content to allow users to host their own servers. I'll have to check this game out and hop on your server.

Thanks Sledge!
  • JBJB Carlsbad, CA
    edited January 2007
    Hey guys,

I'm back again..I finally installed the demo and was wondering if anyone would be willing to spare a second key so a buddy of mine can join me? It would be much appreciated!
  • edited January 2007
    uhh, I would give you mine if I could find it (did it come standard with the original version?) All I have is the first.
  • edited February 2007
    HEY! I'm thinking of buying the game for my b'day but would suck if i bought and didnt like :rolleyes: Does anyone have a trial key they can give me for nightfall, is the only one i can find that has trial.. would be GREAT!! :D
    edited February 2007
    SighTz wrote:
    HEY! I'm thinking of buying the game for my b'day but would suck if i bought and didnt like :rolleyes: Does anyone have a trial key they can give me for nightfall, is the only one i can find that has trial.. would be GREAT!! :D

first post should not be a gimme something free please.
  • edited February 2007
    Sorry, I never do this sort of thing :l I just saw the topic and you guys handing out trial keys xD I've just been hearing some downsides and good sides to the game, I've read alot on the game, is it true only 20 lvls and limited armor in each chapter? I'd hate to finish a chapter in a week or two, even a month is a bit small compared to most. Might just be the people that prefer WoW and put Guild Wars down too, becuase someone also said the loading times are nasty lol.
    edited February 2007
    SighTz wrote:
    Sorry, I never do this sort of thing :l I just saw the topic and you guys handing out trial keys xD I've just been hearing some downsides and good sides to the game, I've read alot on the game, is it true only 20 lvls and limited armor in each chapter? I'd hate to finish a chapter in a week or two, even a month is a bit small compared to most. Might just be the people that prefer WoW and put Guild Wars down too, becuase someone also said the loading times are nasty lol.

Well, welcome to the Forums. I have been playing Guild Wars since the first chapter came out, and no I have not finished any of it....its just too big. Yes you are correct about the level 20 cap, but thats what makes the game for me more interesting. With nearly 400, 500, 600 skills...hell I forget now, and 10 professions the game does not get boring. Also I'm pretty sure the first two chapters, Prophecies and Factions were just reduced in price.

But if you ARE a WoW fan, fully expect Guild Wars to not be anything like it up front.
  • edited February 2007
    wow.. i heard something about that. Doesn't make sense to me though, cant lvl past 20 but get over 600 skills after, or the skills after 20 mainly best for pvp? Never seen a game that keeps going on without lvling! Sounds interesting though, mmorpgs always need more skills, some start getting fun but ya end up in a rut in lvling and cant get to anything interesting anytime soon, thats usually when people start looking for another one >.> well, me anyways.. Heard of Space Cowboys? Im curently playing it, kicks ass as far as free.

(As for WoW, i havnt tried it yet, a friend is sending me a trial but its 3 gigs, gonna be a while..)
  • JBJB Carlsbad, CA
    edited February 2007
    The demo was a lot of fun...unfortunately work is taking up a lot of my time and I have been avoiding the computer in my free time.
  • edited February 2007
    i got one if u need it still
  • edited February 2007
    My wife and I are also looking for a free trial access key.

We have played DAoC for years but are getting sick of the monthly fees and lack of decent updates,

So we were looking around and Guild Wars looks pretty decent on paper, we're just wanting to give it a try before committing fully with 2 accounts and all expansions etc...

That 14 day thing that the others are getting seems like it would be exactly what we would be interested in.

My wife is bedridden with cancer and mmo's are pretty much our means of entertainment, sadly we've gotten bored with our current selection of games.

Any help would be great

thanks
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Thanks for visiting Short-Media, Valdoras. We hope you stick around. May I recommend checking out and posting in some of the other areas of the forum?

To all: Please do not make your first post a request for a Guild Wars trial key, or any trial key for that matter. We sincerely hope you'll stick around and enjoy the site, but it just doesn't create a good impression when one registers to request a trial key.

I'm going to close this thread to deter any further first-time-post-requests. Thanks for understanding. :)
This discussion has been closed.