Best DVD Writer

edited August 2003 in Hardware
Im looking to replace my aging Plextor 16xWriter with a nice shiny new DVD writer.

Feature wise, i want them all, and a good speed.

Any recomendatsions?

Nikumba

Comments

• Nolf-JobNolf-Job Inside each and every one of you!
    edited July 2003
    pioneer/cendyne dvr-105, using the deal Omega65 listed I was able to pick one up at OfficeMax for $120 AR
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    The sony that does both dvd- and dvd+. That way you aren't left out in the cold when they decide on the standard.
  • edited August 2003
    Or a Plextor Combo drive.
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited August 2003
    livewarehouse has a pioneer dvd+-r/rw combo drive for sale for $185 in either color http://store.yahoo.com/livewarehouse/pidvdvcdmudu.html (thats the beige one, DVR-106)
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited August 2003
    The TDK 420n 4x DVD+RW drive I have is pretty good. I would imagine their DVD multi drive would be good as well.
  • RMFRMF
    edited August 2003
    LOL!!

Well i just returned my defective Pioneer A04 today with only 2 weeks warranty left. Unfortunately for them, they no longer stock that drive and replaced it for me with a Pioneer A06 as the original price i paid for my A04 was almost 1/3 more than the A06.

The A06 also burns + and - R BTW at 4X
  • DocanoDocano Texas
    edited August 2003
    PCWorld.com - Top 10 DVD Writers

The Sony DRU-510A sounds most appealing to me after price and feature considerations. When will the dual-sided DVD burners be released, if ever?
  • edited August 2003
    Originally posted by Docano
    When will the dual-sided DVD burners be released, if ever?

Dual sided? Don't you just flip the media? If you have a dual sided DVD-+R/RW, that is...

Must be thinking of Dual layer, and if only media for that exist too...
  • DocanoDocano Texas
    edited August 2003
    What's the difference? I'm pretty stupid.
  • nenetnenet Home on the Range or Lakeside in Ozarks
    edited August 2003
    I have a Sony DRX-500ul (usb) and it smoked out personal backups to my DVD's just fine (8 yesterday). I have had best performance/compatability using R+ and that is all I buy for media these days.
    nenet