Problems (video card?)

edited December 2003 in Hardware
About 2 weeks ago out of nowhere my display got a bunch of little yellow blotches on it and kept flickering on and off. After about 5 minutes of this, i got an error message saying that a device failure had been detected. I took the computer apart, cleaned it, put it back together, and hooked it up to a different monitor. It worked fine, so i attached to the first monitor, which also worked fine, telling me nothing about the problem. 2 days later the problem came back, and sometimes i couldn't even get the computer to turn on at all(this confused me further). I am thinking that the problem is with the video card (chaintech GeForce4 Ti4200). Anyone have any ideas/advice for me? thanks.

Comments

• stoopidstoopid Albany, NY New
    edited November 2003
    Sounds like the video card (maybe not making a solid connection in the AGP slot, or maybe overheating?).
  • BobyJoBobyJo N C Texas
    edited December 2003
    Sounds almost like the problem I had with a video card awhile back. Onscreen there was a checkerboard but the squares was different colors, and not black and white. Replacement of the video card solved this problem.