Anyone use the onboard lan on nforce2's?

edited February 2004 in Hardware
I just bought a couple nforce boards for 2 pc's I'm building, and I bought one of them for myself, seeing how it's been 2 years since I upgraded. I chose the Albatron KX18D pro for myself, and I believe the other is a biostar m7ncg.

Now the problem:

I bought these boards thinking I wouldn't need to install an NIC for either of them. That apparently isn't the case. My cable modem shows it's connected, the data light is blinking, but I can''t connect to the internet.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but I don't know. I've thought maybe it's just a LAN type deal where you can only connect it to one pc through a crossover cable or something, but that wouldn't be very practical. I looked in the bios and made sure it was enabled, the drivers are installed, it shows up in the device manager just fine. I'm confused :/ Anyone use the onboard lan on these motherboards and know why it's not working for me?

Comments

• citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    have you tried shutting off both your pc (or any other pc on the lan) and your cable modem?

power on your cable modem, then boot your rig.

see what happens, i had a problem like that back in the day.
  • edited December 2003
    EXACTLY what Citrix said reboot the CM.

If it isnt that (and I am sure it is) then maybe its a software firewall thats being a little bit paranoid.
    i had a problem like that back in the day.

back in the day? lol, nforce2 aint that old is it? :eek:
  • edited December 2003
    I see, I'll give that a whirl and see what happens. Thanks :D
  • NebulousNebulous New York, The Empire State
    edited December 2003
    Originally posted by Coaster
    back in the day? lol, nforce2 aint that old is it? :eek:

lol
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    lololol!!!

i didnt mean the NF2.

back in the day (last year) with my cable modem.
  • OrgazmoOrgazmo CT
    edited January 2004
    mine works fine once I setup up a connection in the internet options menu. Just choose, I'd like to connect to the internet...yada yada, setup up connection manually yada yada, use a broadband service that is always connected, yada yada...I have never had a problem with the lan on an nForce board and I'm on my fourth and fifth boards now...
  • edited February 2004
    I use the onboard lan on my Biostar M7NCD Pro nForce 2. No problems here. must be some setting in windows if you checked all your connections and rebooted the modem.
  • edited February 2004
    dkhertz wrote:
    I just bought a couple nforce boards for 2 pc's I'm building, and I bought one of them for myself, seeing how it's been 2 years since I upgraded. I chose the Albatron KX18D pro for myself, and I believe the other is a biostar m7ncg.

Now the problem:

I bought these boards thinking I wouldn't need to install an NIC for either of them. That apparently isn't the case. My cable modem shows it's connected, the data light is blinking, but I can''t connect to the internet.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but I don't know. I've thought maybe it's just a LAN type deal where you can only connect it to one pc through a crossover cable or something, but that wouldn't be very practical. I looked in the bios and made sure it was enabled, the drivers are installed, it shows up in the device manager just fine. I'm confused :/ Anyone use the onboard lan on these motherboards and know why it's not working for me?
    Have you installed the drivers for the MB?