Dungeon Seige 2?

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited October 2005 in Gaming
Has anyone played this one yet? I enjoyed the first, but never finished it. I wanna break in my somewhat new computer with a new game and don't know what yet. I saw this one in this store the other day and came very close to buying it.

What did you guys think of it, if you've played it?

Comments

• edited October 2005
    There's a demo out there you can download. I would recommend doing that. I've played it a bit myself (the demo), and it appears to be much like the first but better. A coworker here bought it and said he really enjoys it because they've added this talent system that's supposed to be pretty cool.

I finished the first one, and with only one character (heh, on Easy mode though) and that was fun. I'm not sure if I'll pick up the second one though.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Not sure if I am liking it much, decided to buy it too. I'll still play it as I did pay $50 to buy it :P
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited October 2005
    I picked it up on the first day it came out so it only cost me $30. I never played the first one so I can't say how it compares. I've gotten my characters up to around 20th level and made it to the 2nd city area Amun-lu (er whatever it's called) not a bad game but I haven't played it for a month or 2 now. It gets pretty repetitive fast. The difficulty is also not balanced well. The fights are either ridiculously easy that you don't have to try or the odd one is impossibly hard. However since you can easily teleport in or out that's easy to work around, it just takes a lot longer.
  • XyphusXyphus South Bend, Indiana
    edited October 2005
    I finished the game on the 1st setting... Personally, being a big fan of the first one (and it's add-on pack), I really enjoyed the game. I'm going back through again on next difficulty. I did grab a couple "Siege-Mods" this time around. They don't really unbalance the game, and makes things a little more fun to play. One mod ups the chances of set items being dropped, another allows you to purchase all spells and items from the shops in Eurilan. (but keeps all other shops with the regualar wares), and the third ups the storage space in your chest and pet's inventories.

Still get my butt kicked on occasion, but with my Light Dryad (or whatever it is) at a mature level, the healing aura it gives off comes in handy, as does it's healing/resurect powers... Which I have come to value highly... :)

For some cool mods, check out www.siege-mods.com

There is some really nifty stuff in there.. One mod even adds several different playable races/species..