Link Posting problem..

DSPDSP
edited July 2007 in Community
I was posting an application .. but I got an error I cant post link :( What kind of rules are these :p:confused: Plz enable this ..

Regards

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    After your fifth post, you'll be allowed to post links.
  • DSPDSP
    edited July 2007
    Thanks for telling :D .. I was thinking of special permission needer for tht :p
  • DSPDSP
    edited July 2007

You are not allowed to post links yet. Please send a private message to General Keebler if you have any questions.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Hmm... I thought the limit was five, maybe there is also a time limit? I on't know. Hopefully Keebler Sees your thread or your PM, and he can let you know.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Every new members gets a Private Message explaining the 5-post rule. I can't help it if you chose to ignore it ;) It says therein that if you PM me, I will bypass it for you as soon as I'm online next (usually mere minutes, heh).

You do indeed get permission after 5 posts, but it is not instantaneous. It can take up to an hour after your fifth posts - the forum checks conditions to promote users only once per hour (at half-past the hour, if you're interested).

I see it has already run and you've been promoted appropriately since you posted this thread. Let me know if you have any more trouble. :)
  • jimzinsocaljimzinsocal Sunset Harbor N.C.
    edited July 2007
    Keebler wrote:
    Every new members gets a Private Message explaining the 5-post rule. I can't help it if you chose to ignore it ;) It says therein that if you PM me, I will bypass it for you as soon as I'm online next (usually mere minutes, heh).

You do indeed get permission after 5 posts, but it is not instantaneous. It can take up to an hour after your fifth posts - the forum checks conditions to promote users only once per hour (at half-past the hour, if you're interested).

I see it has already run and you've been promoted appropriately since you posted this thread. Let me know if you have any more trouble. :)

Interesting solution. Would you drop me a pm[here or at pcperspective] and let me know how you do this? What specific modification?
    Im curious.

Thanks General Keebler!!

JimZ
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Interesting solution. Would you drop me a pm[here or at pcperspective] and let me know how you do this? What specific modification?
    Im curious.
    Sure, I don't mind doing it in public, actually. :)

I grabbed a mod from vBulletin.org that forbids users from using links or images if they have < 15 posts.

Then, I renamed the default usergroup from "Registered" to "New Registered". I then created a new "Registered" group. I set up a promotion to move people from New Registered (default) to Registered after they have 5 posts.

Then, I hacked the above mod to check to make sure they aren't in the default (New Registered) usergroup rather than checking their post count.

The reason I did this is so that I CAN bybass it on a case-by-case basis by simply promoting them early. Otherwise, I'd have to artificially change their post count, which I didn't like much.

Cheers :cheers2:
  • jimzinsocaljimzinsocal Sunset Harbor N.C.
    edited July 2007
    Thanks for the info. Appreciate it and will pass it along...:cool: