Google Desktop question

sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
edited August 2007 in Science & Tech
I just started using Google Desktop so I could have my Google Calendar right on my desktop like a Widget.. I don't care about any of the other features, searching, indexing, etc, so is there any way to get rid of the search bar completely? I've only found the option for Sidebar, desktop bar, or taskbar...

Comments

• sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited August 2007
    Annnnnybody?
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited August 2007
    good question

[edit]never mind[edit]
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    you might want to check out Yahoo Widgets.

They have a much bigger selections of Widgets and the support is usually a lot better.

They seem to have two widgets with Google Calendar support.

http://widgets.yahoo.com/gallery/?search=google+calendar&x=0&y=0
    edited August 2007
    Ahh yess... I never thought to check there. I'll try that now - thanks :)
    edited August 2007
    Dangit.. those wont work. The first one looked halfway decent, but it was screwing up the ending times of events... plus is was way too big and had no way to resize it.

The second one wouldn't update automatically from Google's servers - I would have to export it online every 10 mins then import it to the widget. Fail.

I guess its back to Google Desktop with the annoying taskbar search window. :sad2:
  • IndigoRedIndigoRed Perth Western Australia Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    If you don't want to see the toolbar, go into the view menu, toolbar, and de-select the Google Toolbar.
    edited August 2007
    IndigoRed wrote:
    If you don't want to see the toolbar, go into the view menu, toolbar, and de-select the Google Toolbar.
    No this isn't in Firefox/IE.. it's on my taskbar in XP. It only gives me the options of a hugeass sidebar, floating bar (which puts itself on TOP of every single window), or deskbar which sits at the bottom of my screen near the clock.
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited August 2007
    Looking at the widget/gadget thing it looks like it is buit into the actual luna (if that makes sence to call it that) I think if you want to run the gadgets thing its built in and can't be removed from the area.

"g"