Saving Firefox Bookmarks

MathsParMathsPar New
edited September 2007 in Science & Tech
Just organised all my internet bookmarks the other day using some bookmark manager add-on from Mozilla. Does anyone know how I can save these Firefox bookmarks? As I'm moving some stuff to a new PC.

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    C:\ Documents and Settings \ [your profile] \ Application Data \ Mozilla \ Firefox \ Profiles \ [random characters] \ bookmarks.html

Grab that file and slap it in the same directory on the new system (random characters will be different, of course). You might also want to check out Foxmarks, a plugin that syncs your bookmarks between systems. :)
  • MathsParMathsPar New
    edited August 2007
    Thanks Keebler, I just found the Mozilla folder in program files and copied it across to the external hard drive as I couldn't find it in application data.

I'll have a look into Foxmarks, thanks.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Or, you could just export your bookmarks into an htm file from firefox (Bookmarks > organize > file > export ), then import that file into the new copy.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Or use a program called MozBackup which will export addons, themes, history, forms, and favorites into a single DB.
  • MathsParMathsPar New
    edited August 2007
    Cheers Thrax, that seemed to work well.
  • MathsParMathsPar New
    edited August 2007
    Hmm think I did it wrong, have a .LNG file but the MozBackup is asking for a .PCV file for restore.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Mozbackup doesn't create LNG files, so I'm not quite sure what you did.
  • MathsParMathsPar New
    edited August 2007
    Yeah... think I duffed up. Was in a rush when I was doing it and probably saved a random file from somewhere. Ah well.
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited September 2007
    I find foxmarks to be a fairly excellent plugin for firefox which synchronizes your bookmarks with a copy kept online