Random re-boots playing music

MachineGunKellyMachineGunKelly The STICKS, Illinois
edited October 2007 in Hardware
I can't actually call it an emergency but there is no sound category so here I am.

My comp just recently started to randomly reboot when I'm listening to music. The first time I did it the Winblows
message said my videocard drivers were in need of an update. I tried to update them and Winblows said the best drivers for my card were already installed...:rolleyes:

The next couple of times I didn't recieve the same message, just re-boot with 'just recovered from a serious error' jazz. Every time when playing music. Is my sound card dying?

I ran memtest for over an hour while playing music and no errors or re-boots occurred. Any ideas?

Thanks, MGK

Comments

• Bad_KarmaBad_Karma The Great White North
    edited October 2007
    Are you able to set a single IRQ for the sound device. It might be in conflict with another device. What are you using to listen to the music? Winamp? WMP? etc..
  • zero-counterzero-counter Linux Lubber San Antonio Member
    edited October 2007
    Is the soundcard by any chance a Creative Labs product?
  • edited October 2007
    Sound card:
    Is the sound card onboard or addon? Can you go to the maker's website and see check to see if they have updated drivers? If onboard, you can install a PCI sound card and disable the onboard one.

Video card:
    If on board, you can go to the motherboard maker's website and download drivers for the motherboard which will include video drivers.

If addon, go to the card maker's website and download the latest drivers.