WTB: 939 Dual core cpu

JRW21JRW21 Dunlap, IL
edited August 2008 in Trading Post
Let me know what you have and how much, looking for a budget deal nothing fancy.

Comments

• JRW21JRW21 Dunlap, IL
    edited July 2008
    anyone??
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    good luck finding a 939 :-/
  • bullzisniprbullzisnipr Topeka, KS
    edited July 2008
    sell your mobo for however much you can get out of it and go am2, 939 stuff as pig suggested is pretty freakin hard to get ahold of these days...
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, it took me three weeks to find a 4200 X2 about 4 months ago. That was the fastest I could find anywhere, including Ebay.
  • JRW21JRW21 Dunlap, IL
    edited July 2008
    this proc is for my non computer savvy brother.. I would really like to upgrade his whole pc but, lacking time and patience. He has a ton of games, programs, and files that I would really dread reinstalling. :tongue:

I haven't been on 939 platform in a loong time and didn't realize these turned into a scarce commodity. I checked ebay and people are buying these at ridiculous prices.. seems silly really..
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    JRW21 wrote:
    ... didn't realize these turned into a scarce commodity. I checked ebay and people are buying these at ridiculous prices.. seems silly really..

I'm not suprised really, I don't think I'd part with my Opteron 165 for <$200. I love my 939 rig and will keep it going as long as I can. Apparently I'm not the only one!

Good luck though! :D
  • stoopidstoopid Albany, NY New
    edited August 2008
    mas0n wrote:
    I'm not suprised really, I don't think I'd part with my Opteron 165 for <$200. I love my 939 rig and will keep it going as long as I can. Apparently I'm not the only one!

Good luck though! :D

I encountered the same problem but luck got me into an Opteron 170 for $75. Took almost 2 weeks of looking.
  • edited August 2008
    I gave up and went AM2, never been so happy in my life.
  • RatBurger08RatBurger08 Corpus Christi, TX
    edited August 2008
    Yeah AM2 is indeed the cream of the crop, and not just because it's newer. I'm glad they went with this over "socket F" for the FX series.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    AMD would've been better off if they went with Socket F across the line, but nobody was going to put up with another socket shuffle.