abit nf7-s v2.0 bios request

leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
edited January 2009 in Science & Tech
does anyone know where i can get a modded bios for the abit nf7-s with the sil 3112 sata controller. I want the bios to be modded with sil 3112 base bios(non-raid), so i can use optical drives on the sata controller. I know they exist, but i can't seem to find one at the moment.

Thanks.

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    I wish you had ask this about 3 weeks ago.

I had probably 10-12 different NF7 bios on the my backup drive.

I deleted them when I did a new backup.

:(
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    The controller has raid and non-raid mode, does it not?

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=324662
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    you can disable the raid in regular bios, but the bios for the sata controller is still the raid version. When u set the sata to non-raid in the abit bios, it will just accpet hdd as it is, but not optical drives. I want to be able to use the base bios for the sil 3112 controller, so i can install the base drivers for it to use optical drives off of it.

anyone can mod the abit bios with the sil 3112 base bios?
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    hey I found all my old NF7 modded bios on an old hard drive.

They are from merlin, tictac, mantary, d26 and d27 with 1T and 2T. dont know if I might have what you want, but PM me if so and I can send them to ya.
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    fatcat wrote:
    hey I found all my old NF7 modded bios on an old hard drive.

They are from merlin, tictac, mantary, d26 and d27 with 1T and 2T. dont know if I might have what you want, but PM me if so and I can send them to ya.

thanks fatcat, i no longer need those bios, i just went out and bought a pic SATA card and said to be done with that whole ordeal.