Future planning

Invisible-MuffinInvisible-Muffin Scotland
edited February 2009 in Gaming
Since my soul is signed away now, I guess a few things should be covered. Mainly for peace of mind, we need to be clear on some form of 'goal' or at least a plan.

Northwest, alright? :p Traditions are traditions.

End Game. What are we doing with it? Nothing? All out preparation for it the whole server? Having fun as we go along and if we happen to be awesome by the end and feel up to it then join in carnage...

Leadership will probably be sorted properly as we go along, but first of all who's making the embassy? As a general rule, this person will get some resource donations from people to help expand the embassy, it's only fair.

Who thinks that setting up a skype chat would be a good idea for the next server?
I remember it being much more effective (and secure) than using this forum, so if people agree I or someone else will set it up.
Note that skype is free and we will be using the text conversation part of it, which is much like msn or any other IM client.

When it comes to 2nd village making (long way away I know) shall we redo the resource donation scheme we had, all alliance members donate 1 hour's resources to members when they have a level 10 residence and enough culture points.

There were some other things I'm sure which I have now forgotten. Expect more ;)

Comments

• SaracenSaracen At the puter !
    edited February 2009
    No, I'm not playing again.......
    but how about the idea Harudath had last server whereby each player uses the Gold link from the previous registered user, sort of round robin ? That way when each player reaches a certain pop the Gold link holder gets a gold donation.
  • Invisible-MuffinInvisible-Muffin Scotland
    edited February 2009
    Aww :(
    You don't sound completely convinced though, do I sense doubt? The little psycho-implant that travian places in it's users minds working up into a potential frenzy? ;)

Either way it sounds good, 'gold holder' could = embassy holder, as a collective thank you and possibly replacing/lessening resource donations.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Hey guys, long time no see. :)

NW is the quadrant we are starting in.

As for embassy, to begin this server there will not be an IC team yet....the reason for this is because we just don't have the numbers to properly start under our banner. Myself, SV, Lambo and hopefully the rest of you guys will be starting in GHSC. That is the core that defected from ARRSE the last server and formed a new alliance. At the end were ranked 17th with only 25 players. A very good core of team mates that will run again this server. If you guys are interested, we'll fly this flag to begin. If in time we get enough membership to establish an IC wing, then great!

If you are in for the above, we have a skype channel already established and ready to go. Depending on how you guys feel about what to do, you can be included in the chat.

My account is already pre-registered, but, that gold thing is a very good idea. :)
  • LamboLambo Sunny Scotland
    edited February 2009
    Heh, for the record, I never said "yes" to GHSC, in fact, this is the closest I've had to an invite.... having said that.... I'm definitly in :D ...

Looks like there'll only be about 6 or 7 {IC} accounts, so joining up with a decent small alliance will help us out in the start, and if we do well enough that there's 60+ accounts on the go, a {IC}-GHSC wing could be in order :D

EDIT- and I've pre-registered too I'm afraid, although I'm going to start early as a Teuton and try whole mass-rading thing, so I'll probably end up mace-less and restarting sooner than later :)
    edited February 2009
    Lambo wrote:
    Heh, for the record, I never said "yes" to GHSC, in fact, this is the closest I've had to an invite.... having said that.... I'm definitly in :D ...

OOOPS, sorry Lambo! You do know that wherever I go, you must go! I guess I kind off decided for you in a way.:D
  • Invisible-MuffinInvisible-Muffin Scotland
    edited February 2009
    Well, fine, I'm fine with going GHSC, I hope Middge is too ;)

So it's all starting tomorrow, if Middge doesn't activate the account early then I won't be able to tinker with it during the day...
  • edited February 2009
    are we starting at an agreed time or what?

Oh, and lambo you wont be restarting you'll be up until 3am every morning sending 100 maces to every village in you 100x100 :P you play really well as a teuton, you wont fail.
    edited February 2009
    Thanks IM. Middge will go wherever we go I'm sure.

Btw - See thread - http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81312

As for the Lamb, he's really more a wolf for sure. :D
  • LamboLambo Sunny Scotland
    edited February 2009
    TBonZ wrote:
    OOOPS, sorry Lambo! You do know that wherever I go, you must go! I guess I kind off decided for you in a way.:D

Pah, Lamb by name, not Sheep by nature :P ... Having said that, you sir, I'd follow to the deepest reaches of Travian Hell :rarr:
    Oh, and lambo you wont be restarting you'll be up until 3am every morning sending 100 maces to every village in you 100x100 :P you play really well as a teuton, you wont fail.

Heh, don't know about playing well, but I think I need the repetitiveness to hold my interest... been helping out a friend by temporarily dualling a (troopless) Roman farm on comx. 9 crannies built, settlers dodging raids every 10 minutes... and it's boring! Mace is where it's at, as long as I can avoid oversleeping and letting them DIE :D