Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited drops fourth major content update

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
edited April 2010 in Gaming

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited April 2010
    Yes and there was much rejoicing. DDO is by far my favorite MMO. It's not without it's flaws. But Free is a big plus and I love the controls.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Agree... I play at least 3 times a week during lunch. I have paid, probably, $40 since I started back in September. That's 7 months of playing the free version and then upgrading the things that I want. I am looking forward to the update.

I just wish WoW did this or at least a tiered system. I only play 15 hrs a month and paying $15 a month for that amount of time, not worth it.
    edited April 2010
    My biggest complaint and this stems way back to when I was in beta testing. Is that the game hits a point usually around 5th level where the quests become so long that you can no longer just sit down and play it for 30 mins. I wish, when playing solo you could stop a dungeon while in the middle of it and pick it up later. Afterall everything is instanced so it's not like you are holding things up for someone else.

That's been my biggest stumbling block. I hit the mid level game with a char and then run out of time to play that char fully.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    The Mitey Worriers (GHoosdum, Zanthian, Crazy Joe, and myself) set aside four hours per week to play together on a schedule. We've just reached level six, and the only issue we're having is that we're running out of free quests.

We're used to games where if you play each quest once, you advance at the correct pace, but now we have to either buy more quests or replay old quests to advance. I would rather each play session was new material, but even if we bought everything, we would still have to replay some quests to level up before reaching the next tier of adventures.

We never had to do that when we were playing Guild Wars.

Otherwise we're having a lot of fun. This game makes us feel a lot more like a team. In Guild Wars, and other games we've played through, we often just each had our damage to deal, and the only person who really had a role on the team other than just damage dealing was the healer.

In DDO we've each got very different roles, and if we don't stick to them, the team starts to fail. In addition, there are some quests that we have a lot of trouble with because none of us cast arcane magic.
    edited April 2010
    kryyst, I totally agree. I am running out of 50 or less quests. I usually "hire" someone to help me but the AI for the hirelings sucks. At 3/3 though, I can walk through the sewers in 2 lunches. I think the ability to "save" in solo mode would be GREAT.

OK... what server are you guys on? I'm on Ghallanda. I have 3 characters. A 3/3 Ranger Thief, a 5th lvl Cleric, and just started a pure warforge fighter. He's lvl 2 and so far, kicks some serious butt!!!
    edited April 2010
    Yeah my cumulative free play time in a week is about 4 hrs. I'd love to get all of that in one sitting of DDO.

Yes the addition of AI was a nice touch, it's just a shame they are only mildly useful. My favorite tune is my Warforged Pali/Thief for soloing. It's not that they are the best min/max wise, but they are capable. It's primarily because Warforged look cool.
    edited April 2010
    My Ranger/Thief is all sorts of bad ass... sneaky and deadly AND good from range. His sneak, hide, and backstab are really good specially when I stun to start it all off. :)
  • XyphusXyphus South Bend, Indiana
    edited April 2010
    I play quite often and have one chr up to 16, and two more at level 12 or 13... With the various new free content, you should have free quests that will keep you going until at least level 12, and possibly further. They added a few new quests such as Mired In Kobolds (located in The Twelve) that should give the totally free players some decent mid-level content they can chomp on. And there is even Tempest Spine which is a level 10 Raid (for up to 12 players in the group...) in House Jorasco.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    QCH wrote:
    OK... what server are you guys on? I'm on Ghallanda. I have 3 characters. A 3/3 Ranger Thief, a 5th lvl Cleric, and just started a pure warforge fighter. He's lvl 2 and so far, kicks some serious butt!!!

Q, we are on Sarlona. You should be able to catch upto level 6 pretty quick ;)
    edited April 2010
    I'll switch over there tonight, add in some 20% bonus XP and I'll be there as quickly as I can. When do you all play, Zan? Oh, and what do you guys need? I've been everything but a Magic user. What alignment? Good?
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Mind if I join in? It may not be possible if our schedules aren't compatible, but I'm always looking for scheduled play time.

-drasnor :fold:
    edited April 2010
    I am open most weekdays from 12:00-1:00 Central time. If we schedule something, I will try to make the time.

Side note, Dras... You interested in a Vamp Dragon?
    edited April 2010
    I haven't played DDO before, so why not?

-drasnor :fold:
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    QCH wrote:
    I'll switch over there tonight, add in some 20% bonus XP and I'll be there as quickly as I can. When do you all play, Zan? Oh, and what do you guys need? I've been everything but a Magic user. What alignment? Good?
    We are playing on Sarlona Tuesday Nights 7-11pm EST. and currently have:
    Barbarian
    Cleric
    Paladin
    Rogue

We could really use a Sorcerer with some ice damage, there are a few fire levels that have really given us problems.
    edited April 2010
    Crap... I just made a Barbarian. He's lvl 3 right now.
    edited April 2010
    OK, we need character names so we can hook up. I am "Defnar MarkIX"
    edited April 2010
    My Lvl 1 Sorcerer is named Ildiran Manchausen.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    QCH wrote:
    Crap... I just made a Barbarian. He's lvl 3 right now.

If there is one thing we definitely do not need in the party, it's a barbarian.

But that's moot unless you can make the commitment to join our group... (we're very strict) :)