New Releases for the week of Daventry and Revelations

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
edited February 2011 in Gaming

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    You morose bastard! MvC 3 is awesome. I am SUPER excited for DQ VI, since this is the first time it's been released in the US! How can you call the remakes of Final Fantasy "Lackluster"? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

I agree with you about Chun Li, by the way.
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    I think Chun-Li looks fine. She has been that way for years.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    She looks fine. As Binh says, been that way for a long time.

/shrug
  • JingallsJingalls Eugene, OR
    edited February 2011
    Amnesia is a new release... again?
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Many of the FF remakes are lackluster because most are just ports with an extra feature or two tacked on.

The FFIV remake for DS wasn't exactly what I wanted it to be, but at least it was more than a port (I mean, it was actually 3D). If they made a similar incremental improvement in FF7 and released it on PS3, fanbois around the world would need new pants.

Of course I'd rather see what people these days are calling reboots - a rewrite to fix all of the issues in any given FF game.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Argh! Rage induced by CB is the worst rage! All my hate this week, man!

Chun Li did get a little bonus in the breast size this time around. Kind of annoying. Her legs have always been XBOX HUEG though. I think the worst thing Capcom ever did was give her an alternate costume in SSFIV that was a modern fancy dress thing. Total fan service, and she looks... just.... bleh.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    When you have a elementary school aged kid that just discovered how cool playing fighting games are with Dad, the Capcom vs. series is pretty much what the Doctor ordered to keep things competitive. Tap, mash, roll, smash. My six year old daughter played it with we standing around in a Gamestop today, and she was not bad.

DOH! Now I'm seriously considering buying one of those $199 Xbox consoles essentially just so she and I can play this damn game. FFFUUUUUUUUUU SFIV for not faring better on the PC.

Anyone play Tatsunoko vs. Capcom for the Wii? Is it pretty much the same gameplay wise?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    I'll page Perry to this thread. He owns both, he'll tell you the differences.
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited February 2011
    [...]
    Anyone play Tatsunoko vs. Capcom for the Wii? Is it pretty much the same gameplay wise?

I've played both extensively.

On a casual level, both games play very similarly. You can pick a team (three in MvC3's case instead of TvC's (USA) two). You can chain-combo (mash buttons in ascending order). You can call out your partner to assist you during battle. You can tag your characters in and out of battle. You can jump really high and continue your combos. If you played TvC (USA) on the Wii, you will feel right at home with MvC3. Only glaring difference on a casual level is the loss of a universal airdash (almost every character in TvC [USA] can "run" in the air).

On a more competitive level (I'll keep this short): TvC's Baroque system is much more bland and offense oriented when compared to MvC3's X-Factor system. MvC3 has a deeper combo system. MvC3 is significantly faster paced than TvC. More random "shit" on screen to deal with in MvC3.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 is very fun. Is it worth getting a new console to play? If you are a hardcore fan of the fighting genre then yes. If you enjoy fighting games but are on the fence then maybe you ought to try it out first. Bestbuy's and Walmarts have booths in store where you can try it.

If you really want a more indepth comparison you can PM me.
  • FreshyPFreshyP Don Cheadle Cyberspace Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    What Eggroll said.
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    On the bright side, The Silver Lining will not be the only King's Quest game in the running for long, since Telltale is rebooting the series. I liked what they did with Monkey Island, so I'm pretty excited about their take on the classic series!
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Thanks rolleggroll,

I have a Wii, and whats even more tempting is my local MicroCenter has the Tatsunoko fight sticks for $39.99. I might go that route, heck a pair of sticks, the game, that will cost me less than a new console that I have very limited interest in. My daughter and I play SFIV on PC together, it is fun, but I really have to dumb my play down or give her a bit handicap to even it out. For a few minutes playing the Vs. game, I was brought back to that time I spent in the arcade on MVC2 where it was all about mashing fun. She was actually keeping up with me pretty nicely.
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited February 2011
    Thanks rolleggroll,

I have a Wii, and whats even more tempting is my local MicroCenter has the Tatsunoko fight sticks for $39.99. I might go that route, heck a pair of sticks, the game, that will cost me less than a new console that I have very limited interest in.[...] MVC2 where it was all about mashing fun. [..]

Avoid the Wii TvC stick. Unless you have plans to "mod" it with real arcade quality parts. The TvC stick will break in 2-3 weeks of light play. It is a terrible quality stick by itself. You can use UPSLynx's Madcatz SE mod video since the stick is very similar.

MvC isnt about mashing fun. Its srs bzns.
    edited February 2011
    Too scrubby for you?

:D
    edited February 2011
    (I'm hardcore scrubby at MvC3 right now. My first serious entry into the VS series)