primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited June 2011 in Gaming

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    MY DESTINY AWAITS.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I've never played Duke Nukem but I will most likely buy this because of the hype/novelty.

-Digi
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I wonder if the game stores will honor the people that still have their pre-order tickets from 20 years ago... Hell, if you still have the ticket from that long ago, they should GIVE you the game...
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    This came up on reddit, a guy even produced a picture of his receipt from X years ago. I believe the general understanding is that you are not setting the price in stone when you preorder, you are simply putting $5-$10 down on the game. The retailers will indeed need to keep good on them as they were the ones who did the preorders. It has also come to light that some retailers will not get enough initial shipment to meet all the preorders. In essence the ones who preorders have a coupon for that amount off the retail price when it drops. Priority/Policy on when they will get it is on a store-to-store basis.

I would suggest anyone who has a preorder, from any amount of time ago, to revisit the store it was acquired from and speak to a manager about your options. I would request they "renew" the preorder so that you are in the current system for when the game comes out.

-Digi
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    I've never played Duke Nukem but I will most likely buy this because of the hype/novelty.

-Digi

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Having had an oppurtunity to play a late build pre-gold.. I can tell you, what I saw was awesome!
  • doozerdoozer Florida Member
    edited May 2011
    I'm all out of gum...
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Holy crap. I just figured it out. THIS is what's causing all the floods, earthquakes, and tornadoes this year. DNF has upset the earth's natural balance.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    that is the best explanation so far.
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Considering pre-ordering.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    MY BODY IS READY
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I love the Similar Threads at the bottom... Duke Nukem Forever threads going back 5 years...
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Who's ready for a necro achievement?
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Tushon wrote:
    Who's ready for a necro achievement?

100% of the "PC Gaming" forums in the world, I'd say.;)
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I honestly don't see why this game is getting so much flak. Sure the graphics aren't top notch but they're certainly passable. The two gun and regenerating health bug me but that's just catering to the console crowd. The same crowd I believe that keeps complaining about graphics and long load times.

How can anyone complain about the one liners the Duke spews out. That was one of the reasons that DN3D was so great.

I'm not trying to say it's a great game but it isn't some terrible PoS either. It is simply a 90s era FPS in a world 15 years gone by. I strongly believe that Gearbox and 2k games wanted to be the ones that said "Here it is we have given you the Duke. All hail the King Baby." If they make a sequel, and I hope they do, then that will be what DNF needed to be.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited June 2011

I have heard nothing that makes me think it is any more offensive than the original game.

Then again I find almost everything slightly amusing.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Duke should have been left back in the 90's.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited June 2011