Computer is being dumb.

FreshyPFreshyP Don CheadleCyberspace Icrontian
edited August 2011 in Science & Tech
There are a lot of websites on my computer that have been restricted to me, and not by natural reasons. And everything on my computer seems to have an issue with getting to it. Firefox AND Google Chrome seem to be asking me for these, "certificates", before I may get on the website. And I download them, and then It asks me again as If nothing happened. And now, let me talk about my game issues. Minecraft won't run anymore, It says my account must be premium. Which I paid for. And my newest game, League of Legends, just tells me I need a certificate too. What should I do?

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    To start, make sure the date on your computer is set correctly.
  • FreshyPFreshyP Don Cheadle Cyberspace Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    OK, what day is it..?
    edited August 2011
    Seriously?

Thursday, August 25, 2011.
    edited August 2011
    Thank you. I've lost track... Ok, I changed it. nothing is going different, this game still needs a certificate, and so does facebook and everything else I use.
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    FreshyP wrote:
    Thank you. I've lost track... Ok, I changed it. nothing is going different, this game still needs a certificate, and so does facebook and everything else I use.

Just realized this is the same as this

You are sure you have the year set to 2011? Positive?
    edited August 2011
    Yeah, if it's not an incorrect date setting, then this is going to get a whole lot more painful very quickly.
    edited August 2011
    ... Great. It was 2010. OK, well, now everything is accurate.
    edited August 2011
    It worked! Thank you, guys. I never expected that to be an issue.
    edited August 2011
    Ok, now to resolve another issue. This has been going on for about two years. I've been having bluescreen errors non-stop, and I have no idea how I put up with it. What could be the issue?
    edited August 2011
    Bad RAM, bad install of Windows, bad power supply, bad hard drive. Those are my guesses in order. You or your dad should start by running memtest.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Download and burn UBCD, run Memtest 86+, if that passes, run Hitachi's DFT for your HDD. If those two work, I'd look at either repairing windows or doing a complete reinstall to eliminate that. Stress testing could single out hardware issues (Prime 95 for CPU, Furmark for GPU, both at same time to stress PSU).
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Tushon wrote:
    Download and burn UBCD, run Memtest 86+, if that passes, run Hitachi's DFT for your HDD. If those two work, I'd look at either repairing windows or doing a complete reinstall to eliminate that. Stress testing could single out hardware issues (Prime 95 for CPU, Furmark for GPU, both at same time to stress PSU).

You really like UBCD donchya?
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Just an easy combo of utilities all in one place and easy to navigate
    edited August 2011
    Thrax wrote:
    Bad RAM, bad install of Windows, bad power supply, bad hard drive. Those are my guesses in order. You or your dad should start by running memtest.

can't be RAM, because I just got it replaced.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    As unlikely as it sounds, even brand new RAM could be faulty.
    edited August 2011
    That, would really blow.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Remove 1 stick of ram and test 1 at a time Perry.

Check all the cables and make sure they are firmly connected to the disk drives, both power and SATA data cables.
    edited August 2011
    I'll just write that down for Dad...