[BLOG] Logitech's customer service = win.

GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
Back in the Dark Ages of computing, I used whatever mouse could be had for the cheapest price. Then one day I tried a Logitech mouse and that all changed. I never looked back to the bargain bin again.

When it came time to find a replacement mouse for my laptop about two years ago, I purchased the relatively new VX Revolution from Logitech. It used laser technology and wireless RF transmission, and a single AA battery gave me a year of almost daily use.

Last year at Icrontic's first annual Oktoberfest, I dropped my VX Revolution on the basement floor of ICHQ. It stopped working. I thought all was lost. I borrowed a mouse and kept on gaming. Back at home a week later, I realized that I had been using the mouse for a year on the same battery, and I tried replacing it. Instantly the mouse was fully operational.

Recently the mouse stopped working again. I tried new batteries. No response from the mouse. Last night I called Logitech's customer support. The support tech walked me through a set of recovery steps, which ultimately proved fruitless.

When recovery failed, he asked for the part number and serial number off the mouse. Then my home address. After giving him the information, he simply said, "Okay, I put the order in. You should be getting a shipment confirmation in two days, and a new mouse shortly after that. No need to send the broken one back."

Let it not be said that Logitech doesn't back up the quality of their mice with excellent customer service and a full replacement warranty to boot!

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    This is why Logitech is awesome.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    Sweet, I love logitech I used a MX revo for a year or so Sold it to Nights and I am gaming with a MX518 again MAN i forgot what a sweet mouse itis
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    They did a similar thing for me with my MX1000. Brilliant service, second to none.
  • Last night I had a UPS package waiting for me when I arrived home from work. Inside... a brand new VX Revolution. They don't mess around with refurbs for warranty replacements, they just send the good stuff!
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    That is awesome. I've always been a big fan of Logitech mice.
  • They did the same thng for me 2 years ago for my MX1000 mouse. Sucker was selling for 70bucks back then. The only problem I was having was the scroll wheel was sticking a tiny bit. They just sent me a brand new mouse to replace it. I now use one of the mouses for my house and the other at work.