Two new tablet gamepads from Nyko

BasilBasil NubcaekEngland Icrontian
edited June 2012 in Gaming

Comments

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Freaking awesome. I gotta admit, I really don't mind two-stick shmups on my phone, except I gotta grease my fingers a little first, and then the screen is all smudgy. I actually just got the Ten One Design fling mini in the other day. Haven't taken the time to try it out yet, though.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited June 2012
    I'm on the fence. While I loves me some gamepads, and I definitely cheer for more gamepad options... I just can't see myself using a portable device with another portable device. If I'm going to use a gamepad, I want it hooked to a PC or a console. If I'm traveling, I'd want a single compact device -- and thus, why I have a Xperia PLAY (PlayStation) mobile phone.

I like the idea, and the controller definitely looks nice. I may just pick up one of the compact ones to use with my tablet, just because they look cool and to try it out in person. Who knows, maybe it will be worth lugging around. Only one way to really find out...
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Hook phone to TV with MHL. Add gamepad. SUCCESS! Instant Sega Genesis.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    Hook phone to TV with MHL. Add gamepad. SUCCESS! Instant Super Nintendo.
    FTFY :D
    Super Nintendo is bad, and you should feel bad.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    Sega Genesis is bad, and you should feel bad.
    FTFY
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited June 2012
    Mega Drive or bust.

Seriously though, some of my mobile games like cogs, osmos and zen bound work great with a touchscreen but plenty of others, and all my emulated games, get a horribad onscreen control system that I'll happily pay money to not use.

If the mini Nyko pad is halfway decent (and makes it to Europe) I'll be picking one up.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I want my gamepad to attach to the device somehow. Otherwise how would I hold them both?
    TIL CB doesn't have a lap.