Google fans the augmented reality fire with Ingress

BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
edited November 2012 in Gaming

Comments

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    Yay finally I can see the world as a video game and have it not be a hallucination.
    midga
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    I got an invite to Ingress today. Anyone else on IC playing?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I have it but I haven't really had the opportunity to check it out yet
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I got an invite, probably going to get some use out of it when I get back to uni. All I've done so far is look at the screen.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Still waiting for my invite. Little bummed it hasn't come yet.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I got an invite months ago, then realized I don't want to go outside to play a game on my phone. I promptly uninstalled it.
    Canti
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I'd want to try it, but every location-based game/app I try is useless around here. There is simply never enough participation. Maybe if I lived downtown...
  • I'm a little late to the party, but does anyone around here play?

@TroubleBaker was playing for a while but I think she stopped a few months ago

vaderisahottie
  • HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian
    edited October 2015

@vaderisahottie
    I just saw this, and think I'll try it out.

My codename shall be XGPHero. What faction are you joining?

• @primesuspect said:
    TroubleBaker was playing for a while but I think she stopped a few months ago

Seems to be the modus operandi. The game gets old really quickly... and it's not even that fun if you don't

A) Live in a major metropolitan city
    OR
    B) Have copious amounts of time and gas money to drive all over

Yeah, I don't have any portals within 10km of me...at best it will be something I pull up once in a while when I'm out and about, and have a bored moment.

@ardichoke said:
    A) Live in a major metropolitan city
    B) Have copious amounts of time and gas money to drive all over

She had both AND C) A community of people to play with (the Wayne State & Detroit Ingress scene is pretty big) and STILL got bored with it. She got a new phone and never installed it when she moved over.

I'm thinking I might have more fun when I'm back in long beach. I like cruising second street and I just know there will be plenty of activity there

• Yeah, I sort of had A.... and I had C, since a bunch of my former coworkers played. Still lacked in time and gas money though... and the whole game was too repetitious and slooooow.

I got out of the house to run some errands today, and took some time out to play, and had fun. It actually got me checking out things just didn't know existed, like an art market(I was truly shocked to find an "art district" in a town like kountze Texas), and a historical museum. The game actually led me to discover that the backward place I have lived for the last year and a half might not be so backward after all. They actually had some really nice art exhibits and store fronts. Plus I reached lvl 2. :mullet:

• @XGPHero, my name is sweetiebud3 and I am with the Resistance.

• I see what everyone is talking about in concerns to the gas and driving around.

edited October 2015

@vaderisahottie, I'm enlightened...oh well

EDIT: I just realized I missed a golden opportunity for a Swingers reference...damn...I'll do it anyway. It should have read...
    You can call me Voltaire.

vaderisahottie