New Releases for The Week of Foil Cards and Vampire Sneakers

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian

Comments

• BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    @CB - Did a bit of research on the DOTP2014, and the assertion about the cards isn't entirely accurate. The only Booster Packs you mess with are in Sealed Deck mode.

Sealed Deck matches are when you're given a certain number of booster packs, and you are meant to immediately build a deck on the spot with the cards you unpackage. It's customizable in the vein that you're restricted only to those cards you've drawn to work with, but within those cards, you're free to build your deck how you please.

That's it's own separate game mode, however. In the entire rest of the game itself, the way the deckbuilding goes is entirely unchanged from its base formula in the previous games - pre-set decks that you fight matches for and unlock select cards for.

On a personal note though- hearing that they added Slivers to the game finally is a bit disheartening. Yeah, totally looking forward to two out of every three matches being against a damn Sliver deck. Urgh.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    That's good to know. Interesting that the promo stuff doesn't make that more clear; I was fully prepared to never even try the game because of the booster packs thing.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Weren't slivers a thing like fifteen years ago or something? I thought the game had moved on to new horrible ideas...
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    @midga - Seriously. When I was still in high school, at least 3/5ths of the folks that played were either maining a Sliver deck, or had one on backup. It's a good part of the reason I didn't stay in magic that long when I picked it up. And my friends would insist time and time again that Magic had more variety and I just dropped it.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    @BHHammy My group all thought they ruined the game, so we didn't play with them.