Oktoberfest: MTG Sealed Deck
I'm interested in revisiting the ol' Icrontic Magic League, but a bit simpler this go around. Tell me if I'm wrong, but this is under the assumption few of you care about accumulating cards and just wanna have some quick fun.
- Sealed deck format.
- Free. I'll keep the cards.
- No prizes.
- We'll use Kaledesh (September 2016 release) for the first one.
Sealed Deck explained:
- You get 6 booster packs plus any basic lands you want. No drafting.
- 30 minutes to build, 50 minutes per best-of-three match.
- We'll each play 2-3 matches depending on time & enthusiasm.
- I'll track win/loss & maybe use a scoring system if we keep this going.
If you're worried about getting your deck assembled in 30 minutes, the solution is simple: read an online spoiler list ahead of time. Otherwise suck it up and read faster. FYI: I'm more than happy to run a draft instead, I'm just proposing sealed deck as the most level playing field and shortest setup.
The tl;dr version:
The game is afoot when I have three more "Ins".