Let's go inside the train station!!!

RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

This is pretty awesome timing, I'd say - with the construction of the train station not set to wrap until something like 2022, it may be years before the public is allowed in again.

Who wants to go? Leah and I have registered for Saturday and plan to go in the morning, but obviously anyone doing Pokemon Go would have to go another day/time if they're thinking of checking it out.

Pre-registration required, so go do the thing! I was getting errors at first but just waited and hit submit a couple more times and eventually got a confirmation message and email.

https://fordmcsopenhouse.splashthat.com/

WagsFTWMassalinie

Comments

• WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2018

I really want to check this out.
    edit: We RSVPd for Sunday :)

RyanMM
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

I suggest planning to go Sunday if you're still in town.

• MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian
    edited June 2018

OMG I'm still in town on Sunday! I'm definitely in. Guarantee @Farge will want to see this too, not sure when he's heading home.

Their form keeps telling me there was an error :-/ It worked! RSVPed for Sunday too

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

Also RSVP'd for Sunday ?

WagsFTW

@Farge will be leaving super early on Sunday, but is super interested, so if there's anyone interested in squeezing in a visit on another day, maybe you can group up!

• RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

I'll be talking to Leah about whether we can do Sunday; if we can't, then we'll still be going Saturday around 10-10:30am, so he's welcome to join us.

Massalinie
  • SassChanSassChan Ann Arbor, MI Member

I wanna! What do you think @Soda

@Farge, did you register yet? It's looking like they stopped taking registrations and are now "waitlisting" people, but that walk-ups are allowed? Dunno if they'll let you in with us when we go on Saturday, but it's worth a shot and then worst case, you might have to hang around for the next tour or something.

• FargeFarge Icrontian

I did not have the chance until now. Shit. I will sign up to be on the wait list and come with on Saturday. I super cannot do Sunday.

RyanMMMassalinie
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

registered for sunday

WagsFTW

Can I please ride with someone tomorrow?

• FargeFarge Icrontian

Heads up, you will be waiting in line for a while even if you registered. As far as waitlisted people go, you will be able to do nothing to you get an email saying you've been given a spot. Here's hoping i get an email, and one early enough to not interfere with the day's events. Really should have just pulled over on the highway and registered...

Garg

@Massalinie said:

Sure, I'm registered for Sunday and have a car. 2 more seats available.

Massalinie

@Gargoyle said:

@Massalinie said:

Sure, I'm registered for Sunday and have a car. 2 more seats available.

In! Thank you!

• FargeFarge Icrontian

You had better take a ton of pictures as it does not look like I will be getting in

What time are others thinking of going on Sunday? We'll plan on heading into town sometime in the morning, and then thinking Polish food in Hamtramck after train station tour.

edited June 2018

I should be at the house within the next hour

I am moving slowly this morning, so won't be ready to go soon.

I heard that yesterday was something like a 90 minute wait to get in. I'm probably not interested in standing in line that long today, but I could still be down for driving up there to check it out, and could always drop off people more willing to stand in line than I am.

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

@Gargoyle said:
    I am moving slowly this morning, so won't be ready to go soon.

For the record, he hasn't even made it to the first floor yet, so I'm skeptical he makes it a mile by day's end.

We're in Brighton, probably be at the train station around 1pm

The wait for people with registration was 3 hours at 11am yesterday. Just a heads-up, today could be just as long.

Yeah we bailed on account of the likely wait. Hope those who got to see it enjoyed, show us your pix!!