OC'able?

CreepCreep Hell
edited January 2004 in Hardware
AMD 2200+ Tbred
AXDA2200KV3C 9257573270243
RIRGA 0233UPMW

RAM: The chips say Samsung on them, and that's all.
K4H560838D-TCB0

These are a pull from a working HP, if they are worth it I'll swap them for my crap ram and Thorton.

Comments

• JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK
    edited January 2004
    I take it your thorton cant be turned into barton?
  • CreepCreep Hell
    edited January 2004
    I'd rather not risk it which I stated when I bought it and found out it has to be unlocked. Can someone tell me if these will OC?
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin
    edited January 2004
    typing "K4H560838D-TCB0" into google seems to indicate that it is a 266mhz part...what is your 'crap' ram rated?
  • CreepCreep Hell
    edited January 2004
    I know what kind of ram it is, PC2100, I just need to know how HIGH I can push it, My Crucial will do 166-180 but with relaxed timings. I'm hoping this stuff can do the same with aggresive timings. Can I get some info on the CPU here?
    edited January 2004
    The highest overclock for that stepping in the overclockers.com database is 2.057 GHz...although, there are not too many "RIRGA"s in the database.
  • edited January 2004
    I have a 2400+ Thorton @ Barton what cpu should i look under in the database ?

or should i use the stepping on my cpu, if , mine looks good AQXEA Week40
  • NoFutureNoFuture In a 3D world...
    edited January 2004
    You won't get too much out of this proc cuz its a tbred A, 2.1ghz with good cooling seems reasonable. As for the memory, test it, its the best way ti know if its good or not.
  • edited January 2004
    no , its not a t`bred A its a Thorton , or Factory Crippled Barton as some would like to call it. and its already @ 2.17 Ghz

Do T`Bred A`s have 512k L2 Cache .? ... Answer: No, Bartons Do !
    edited January 2004
    Deejayz wrote:
    no , its not a t`bred A its a Thorton , or Factory Crippled Barton as some would like to call it. and its already @ 2.17 Ghz

Do T`Bred A`s have 512k L2 Cache .? ... Answer: No, Bartons Do !

he was responding to the person who started the thread...
  • edited January 2004
    sorry , my mistake.. hope he`s not offended. :crazy:
  • CreepCreep Hell
    edited January 2004
    Get out of my thread if you dont have something useful to say man, I could care less about YOUR Thorton, and yes, I know it's a generic barton.
  • edited January 2004
    im in your thread again. lol, no need to get all shirty, you creep. av a toke on my avatars special ciggy and relax man, you need to lighten up. ;D
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited January 2004
    Tsk tsk guys. Chill.