If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Slipstream Windows Easy

2»

Comments

• edited Jun 2009
    I've been trying to use "xp pro sp 0" adding in "sp 3" without any luck. I've been using Nlite for about 7 years now and every major service pack slipstreaming has workered out nicely. In fact I probably have made 6 or 7 versions of sp 2. All instal and work beautifully for years now. but after 10 tries with sp 3 I cannot get a full installation . It seems that every disk stops at [i'm guessing now, I stumbled upon this forum not prepared] mscrt.dll is missing and even if I try and pop in a previous disk to copy this file it fails. If I skip it the install will fail. Tried just acout every angle of simple program usage just sp 3 added/no extras, to unattended and even added drivers but for some reason I get the same outcome? Anyone else having this problem?
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Pokémaster, Watch Slut Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited Jun 2009
    Zinda, try using the updated guide linked at the beginning of the article: http://icrontic.com/articles/slipstream_windows_xp
  • edited Jul 2009
    I dont know why the windows corrupted after some days. Should I be concerned about this? Is it normal?
  • QCHQCH Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited Jul 2009
    Not normal... there are a ton of reasons as to why Windows becomes corrupt. Hardware issues, drivers, infected with nasties, corrupt patch, accidental system file deletion, to just abrupt power loss/ hard reset. Please create a new thread if you need help troubleshooting your issues. Oh and Welcome to Icrontic. ;)
  • edited Aug 2009
    It would be handy to have this tutorial available as a pdf as well.. so it could be accessible ebven if one is not connected on the net.. The owner can consider this suggestion..
  • edited Dec 2009
    some times window show a blue screen and windows become currupt. Can any body tell the reason and solution
  • YozYoz
    edited Sep 2010
    Excellent!!! Many Thanks. Worked first time... WinXPproOEM + SP3 + Intel ICH-9 EHCI SATA "F6" driver. Installed on eMachines E520 laptop (no FDD). Went straight in no probz. I watched amazed as it started up and didn't BSOD. Superb app, Thanks again. Its Fantastic, Doddle to use, Mint!
  • edited Oct 2010
    Guys,

after a week of nerve wrecking search:

YOU R MY HEROES !!!

thx

mike
  • edited Feb 2011
    I am trying to write xp onto a toshibe satellite L45 that had vista home pre before crashing. Hate Vista!! I keep getting a error when getting ready to install xp saying it cant see my sata hard drive. HELP Please!!!
2»