Intel Macs May Boot XP After All

SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
edited January 2006 in Science & Tech
Apcmag is reporting that recent rumours suggesting Intel Macs won't be able to boot Windows XP may be inaccurate.
Apple is typically cryptic in its response on the issue of whether Intel-based Macs can run Windows XP: the official line is that “Apple has no plans to sell or support Windows”. But notably, this answer doesn’t rule out running Windows on a Mac. Indeed, Apple’s vice president of Worldwide marketing, Phil Schiller, said as much following Steve Jobs’ keynote announcing the Intel Macs. “That doesn’t preclude someone from running it on a Mac. They probably will.”
Source: Apcmag

Comments

• godzilla525godzilla525 Western Pennsylvania Member
    edited January 2006
    Well, I don't know what to make of this transition to Intel, but even as a PC/Windows person I'm a bit disappointed to see Mac lose some of its Macness. It's probably still too early to tell whether or not PC users will attempt to migrate to Mac OS or whether or not Mac users will try to run Windows.

The LAST thing I want to see is a single OS, single platform situation. WindowsXP retail costs too much as it is.
  • edited January 2006
    the begining of the end, damn you steve jobs, damn you to hell. You screwed up apple. Ode to system 7.2~ The good oll days.
  • edited January 2006
    i dont care, i kind of like the osx system, id run it on my computer if it could be done.
  • GobblesGobbles Ventura California
    edited January 2006
    I gotta say, I kinda want a centrino laptop running osx and maybe a dual boot between it and xp.
  • edited January 2006
    ^^I agree.