Which watercooling kit???

edited January 2005 in Hardware
Ok i have listed my specs below and i am thinking of installing a watercooling kit. My current temps are 33c idle and about 45 full load. Will i gain anything from watercooling exept quiet??? i really need the watercooling kit for temps rather than noise as i have second computer for downloading and staff like that.

Comments

• NebulousNebulous New York, The Empire State
    edited January 2005
    If you're looking into kits:

A) Dangerden kits] Dangerden Kits

B ) DTEK Kit

C) Cool Technica .

Or you can check these sites and put together a custom setup to your liking :)

Enjoy your shopping-
  • edited January 2005
    i am really new to water cooling. I just want to know what is the minimum to use for my system.I have a thermaltake case,cpu cooler,psu and i am really very happy with the performance so i was thinking of going also for a thermaltake water cooling.
    http://www.thermaltake.com/watercooling/a1681.htm or
    http://www.thermaltake.com/watercooling/cl-w0005bigwater/cl-w0005.htm

The first one says Cooling Power
    For 200W thermal design power . Is this good????
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited January 2005
    Nebulous wrote:
    If you're looking into kits:

A) Dangerden kits] Dangerden Kits

B ) DTEK Kit

C) Cool Technica .

Or you can check these sites and put together a custom setup to your liking :)

Enjoy your shopping-

you notice on the danger den link that the products say .01 as their cost, but if you click on them they arn't? I think someone deserves a sueing. :rarr:
    edited January 2005
    Don't bother with the thermaltake kits, they're junk IMHO. And your sig shows a prescott, the thermaltake pos would be a waste of money cuz it won't cool it.
  • edited January 2005
    Nebulous wrote:
    Don't bother with the thermaltake kits, they're junk IMHO. And your sig shows a prescott, the thermaltake pos would be a waste of money cuz it won't cool it.

Well My Thermaltake Volcano cooler does a very good job actually. I get temps much lower than other people do with same processor. the only negative is that it creates a LOT of noise. The cooler by it self creates around 50db at full speed (6100 rpms). Imagine with the extra 5 fans (2 spin at 3000rpm and other at 1800rpms) how much noise is created. What i want actually is a cheap solution of water cooling kit that will actually cool my cpu better.
    edited January 2005
    airoh69 wrote:
    Well My Thermaltake Volcano cooler does a very good job actually. I get temps much lower than other people do with same processor. the only negative is that it creates a LOT of noise. The cooler by it self creates around 50db at full speed (6100 rpms). Imagine with the extra 5 fans (2 spin at 3000rpm and other at 1800rpms) how much noise is created. What i want actually is a cheap solution of water cooling kit that will actually cool my cpu better.

If you're looking for a "cheap" watercooling kit, and the magic word here is "cheap", that cools better that what you have now, it isn't gonna happen. Those kits by thermatake will cool the same as what you have now. You want better, it isn't gonna be cheap. You want cheap, it ain't gonna be better.

You might as well stick with what you have unless you're gonna spend a little more money.
  • edited January 2005
    i can spend on a watercooling kit up to 210 euros. Is that enough???
    edited January 2005
    What's that in US? I'm not familiar with the euro/US conversion.
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited January 2005
    I believe it is around $250, maybe more because of ...well, I don't want to say the dollar is f******
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    Here's a curency calculator. Dynamic Exchange Rates Table
    210 euros = $277.347 using values from Thursday, January 13, 2005.
  • edited January 2005
    Basically is 120 Cyprus Pounds that is 210 euros that means 270 U.S. Dollars.
    Is this money enough????
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    I'd say that should be enough to buy the best watercooler kit out there, or at least close to the best.
  • edited January 2005
    Hawk wrote:
    I'd say that should be enough to buy the best watercooler kit out there, or at least close to the best.

So witch one would you recommend??? Really don`t know anything about watercooling.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    Been reading quite a bit on WCing but there's many different systems to use,(silent vs fan systems) (inside vs outside systems) (cpu cooler only) (CPU,HD,video etc) so it's really up to the individual to choose. I am not WCing yet, but have been trying to read a bunch. So I'm informed when I purchase.
    Not sure which type of system you want -- But here's some links to both-- -

koolance Exos-Al
    Zalman Reserator on sale
    Swiftech H2O-120-FB Single Processor Liquid Cooling Kit
    Cooler Master Aquagate
    Thermaltake BigWater Water Cooling Kit
    Kingwin Arctic Liquid Cooling Kit
    Titan TWC-A04 and Alphacool Cape Set
    Hope all this didn't confuse you. You'll have to read the reviews and figure which you'd want to try.